Second Weddings

bridal shower for second wedding ?

this is going to be my second marriage but his first. Is it wrong to have a bridal shower. I'm getting mixed messages from my family and not sure what to do ?

Re: bridal shower for second wedding ?

• If someone offers to host a shower and you would like one - go for it.

Definitely register - unless you enjoy white elephant gifts. 
  • My MOH is throwing me a bridal shower. But my ex and I eloped, so I never did any of the fun wedding stuff anyway.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If someone wants to give you a shower, that's something of a 'gift' to you, so (in my mind) it's up to them if they want to do it. Your FI might enjoy helping to pick things out for a registry (though I suppose that depends on your FI) and I don't think it's a bad thing to get new towels, sheets, other home items, etc. Maybe there's some things you don't have, but could use, or other things that you could 'upgrade'.

I'm in the same boat as you (my 2nd wedding, FI's first)... my MOH asked me if I wanted a shower. I told her that it's up to her (or whoever might want to throw it) - I'm fine with a shower, having just a luncheon/brunch for people to just get together, or not having one.

As far as your family...some of them might figure that since you were already married and had a shower, you shouldn't have a second shower since they already gave you gifts once and 'obviously'  you have everything you need (sarcasm). If they don't agree with it, they don't have to come...or if you just had a luncheon/brunch, maybe they'd feel better?

Regardless, as long as someone's offering to give you one, I don't see it as a problem - it's that person's choice to throw one for you.

My 2 cents anyway...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards