Second Weddings

Newbie Saying Hi!

Wanted to give a quick introduction.  This is my 2nd wedding (his too).  I look forward to reading & sharing ideas! We've decided to elope since we're older (40'ish) and yes, it hurts to admit to that age. lol!  Having an open house a couple of weeks after we get back to let everyone know what we did.  We have 4 kids between us ranging from 21 to 15.  I know, I'm crazy...right?  Anyway, look forward to sharing.  Have a splendid day everyone!

Created by Wedding Favors

Re: Newbie Saying Hi!

• mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats on your engagement and welcome to the boards!!

You'll find a wide variety of ages here, many younger and many older than you, with a very diverse age range of children, as well as diversity on their ideas for their weddings.

Happy planning!!

Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Welcome, and congrats! 

DSC_9275
  • morrisonFTWmorrisonFTW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh no!  Hurts to admit that age?  Wait until 50 comes knocking, babe!  LOL!!

Welcome to the board and congratulations on your engagement.  Following on mybooboos' comment, we are definitely a diverse group.  Check out the "Intros, Please" thread at the very top ... you'll see multiple marriages, kids and grandkids, big and small affairs.  If you're thinking of doing it (getting married, that is) someone here will definitely have tried and true experience to share.

Good luck!
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! Looking forward to hearing all about your big event. And yes, admitting to 40's.............I wish!
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome!! FI and I had the exact same plan in mind originally... somehow we are now throwing a large somewhat traditional wedding in his hometown now... your idea sounds much more stress free :)
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    THANKS for warm welcome!  I joined this site a little late in the game, everything is pretty much done.  The wedding is paid for, announcement done, open house venue - done, dress & rings - done.  Only thing left to figure out is food & music and 4 months to wait!
    Created by Wedding Favors
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards