Second Weddings
Options

My very different blue dress will be ready for a first fitting next week . . .

This is the dress I am having them make, minus the crazy stars.  Second wedding for both of us, vintage style,but not traditional, wedding. They were able to find the same color blue satin too!  I'm very excited!  All the white dresses out there just seemed so "not me." 

Re: My very different blue dress will be ready for a first fitting next week . . .

• Options
    Congratulations!!  Blue is a great color for a wedding dress love the style!

• Options
    That is lovely. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    Love it!  
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    That is gorgeous! You'll have to post pictures when you get it.
  • Options
    Nice choice!

I too, wore a blue dress for my second wedding.  20 years ago, I wore a pink dress for my first wedding.  I've never been a fan of white wedding dresses (for me).
  • Options
    I had a nightmare last night that Iwent to try on my dress and they had put scads of gold lace on the train and a red, white and blue lace applique on the front.  Yeah, no dress jitters or anything . . .
  • Options
    Breathe, relax and understand that it was just a dream.  I was having those dreams all the time when we were planning our wedding.  You will have to take pictures of your goregous dress and share!

• Options
    I love it! I am getting married for the second time, too, and thinking about dark blue dresses. I love this one!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_my-very-different-blue-dress-will-be-ready-for-a-first-fitting-next-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:7ab4024f-528a-4963-8a9d-a40b7d9d49a1Post:6fecdbea-0076-46ae-8211-30da0587fa4e">Re: My very different blue dress will be ready for a first fitting next week . . .</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love it! I am getting married for the second time, too, and thinking about dark blue dresses. I love this one!
    Posted by trishabkirk[/QUOTE]

Yay for blue dresses!  Blue is my favorite color and the white/ivory dresses jusr looked so "blah" on me.  I was not excited by them.  And I also read somewhere that blue is a symbol of purity and fidelity and faithfulness.  That sounded good to me!

My MOH and bridemaids are wearing silver.  My groom is wearing a navy blue suit and his groomsmen are wearing grey suits.
  • Options
    Here's the end result!  I think it turned out well and I loved it! The dress really matched the vintage look I was going for and it look great with the venue!  I felt old-hoolywood glamorous.

• Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    Absolutely stunning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards