Second Weddings
Options

Bridal Shower Etiquette

I am getting married for the second time and it's my fiance's first.  My mom and I agreed that my family shouldn't host a shower. However, my FMIL said from the start that she wants to give us a shower since he's never been married. Also, some people from my mom's office (her and my finace work in the same office) already said they will be throwing me a shower. She even talked to them about not doing one since it's my second but they disagreed and said they would still like to throw one for us. My question is this...is it ok to register for gifts we want? We weren't planning on registering but seems with 2 showers that people might be asking where to purchase items and I've already had a few ask me what colors I'm using in the house. Thanks!

Re: Bridal Shower Etiquette

• Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Register!!  And enjoy your showers - it may be your second wedding but it is your first to your FI!  This wedding and marriage deserves all the bells and whistles.

Congratulations and Welcome to the board!!
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board. Looking forward to hearing all your plans! The ladies here are very nice.
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Absolutely, register!  If not, you might get one of these:

• Options
    gcwardgcward member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys! I really appreciate it. We were going back and forth on whether it would be ok so I feel better now!
  • Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do not forget the Chili Pepper Lamp story.  (Research it on R & G)

Congrats and welcome to the Board!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Enjoy your shower and register !
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    After hearing from people here and on other boards, I decided to register - won't make a big deal of it, but if people ask, I can tell them.  Would love some kitchen upgrades, so that's what I'm registering for.  However my FI and I would be happy if people donated to Florida Greyhound and Boston Terrier rescue.  That's what we're doing instead of favors.  Donating to those two groups.  For my shower, the girls are doing a "Chef" shower. (I love to cook!).  Everyone will bring a copy of their favorite recipe and one item that one needs to make that recipe.  For example, a cassarole rescipe and a cassarole dish.

Hope this helps Laughing
    Just little 'ole me! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards