Second Weddings

Disposable cameras

Hi girls

In case any of you are thinking about doing the cute little wedding cameras on the tables I wanted to let you all in on something. The packaged "wedding" cameras from say Michaels arent very good, you'll end up spending a lot of money to develop photos that don't turn out. I really wish I have just purchased along the way the real disposable cameras ---- Just figured I'd share!

Re: Disposable cameras

• edited December 2011

We used the regular disposable cameras and the photos still weren't that great.  I think its a waste of money altogether, anyway.  ~Donna

• edited December 2011
    So many people have digital cameras and camera phones we didn't do any disposable cameras at all.

My brother took many many pics with his digital and posted them all right away on FB, and many of his photos were just as good as the pro photog.

Just ask all your family and friends to bring their cameras and take lots of pics and share!
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yep, it was a waste of $$ for us too.  At the last minute H stopped at Walgreens and picked up like 5 or 6 of them.  Only my son used them and then they were mostly pics of his girlfriend and the people they were sitting with.
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just asked our friends to take digital photos with their own cameras, and upload them to our photo sharing site.  We ended up with several hundred photos that way.
  • edited December 2011
    At my first wedding my 4 year old nephew filled up an entire camera taking pictures of women's butts.  It was good for comedic value, none of the pictures actually turned out.

I'm sorry you didn't get anything decent off of yours. :( 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_disposable-cameras?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:82ef24d4-57d2-4f8f-8a63-321f2ff15b8dPost:bc4a90a0-1774-4505-9280-14c1bc6c9ff0">Re: Disposable cameras</a>:
    [QUOTE]So many people have digital cameras and camera phones we didn't do any disposable cameras at all.

Just ask all your family and friends to bring their cameras and take lots of pics and share!
    Posted by thealphabride[/QUOTE]

This.  You can even put together a website so they can share them with you and each other.  You can print up the website info on a card to give to folks (either in the invitation or at the reception).
  • mightyoakesmightyoakes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Are there specific web sites for sharing photos? If so, which ones?

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mightyoakes:  We used Winkflash.  It is free, and allows unlimited uploads and downloads.  We set up a login ID and password, and passed out photo sharing cards so our guests could upload to our account.  Unlike many of the other free sites, it allows for free download of the full hi res images, rather than just the optimized versions.

• edited December 2011
    Man, with the quality of digital photography these days, disposables just strike me as totally unnecessary. Maybe because I'm a little younger, but myself and all my friends have Iphones and we use those to get our party pics and videos of dogs, snowboarding trips and babies. It makes it so easy to share pics, post them online, email, make movies, whatever. 
  • jennninjennnin member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I used them at my first wedding....and we had about 8 kids at the wedding all under the age of 10. We had alot of waist height photos and only a few that were really good shots. Just beware not only for the quality but if you're going to have kids at the reception....you might have them running around with the cameras! :)
  • robin8366robin8366 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all this great info! I wasn't sure which way to do photos but now will ask everyone to bring cell phones and digital cameras. I'll upload them to Flickr for everyone to enjoy. My family already uses it with some regularity.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards