Second Weddings

Re: can you believe this

I posted about the big set of ###s my ex had for asking me to pay for the divorce certificate.  Found out today he was ordered to pay court costs and didn't pay them, so they wouldn't give him a certificate.  So he asked me to get it for him.

Re: Re: can you believe this

• nmauser82nmauser82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hhhrm. Gotta love it huh. I hope you told him to take a hike.... again.
  • edited December 2011
    I am so sorry. I paid for my entire divorce bc I knew my ex wouldn't pay a penny. Ugh!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bahahahahahaha ... uh huh!  Reason #23 your divorce was a good decision.  See?  Isn't that fun?
  • edited December 2011
    He legally can't get married without paying the court costs, if I got him a copy he would still not be legal to get married because he owes the court money.  LOL

Well at least one woman is safe for awhile
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_re-can-believe-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:86fe9fbf-5a97-4c41-ada3-1d7d5dbe6d90Post:bcfac944-e9f3-401c-8216-387ac5f6e0d6">Re: can you believe this</a>:
    [QUOTE]He legally can't get married without paying the court costs, if I got him a copy he would still not be legal to get married because he owes the court money.  <strong>LOL Well at least one woman is safe for awhile
    </strong>Posted by loriandedwin[/QUOTE]

Two, if you count yourself for getting away from him!  :)
    Anniversary
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

See he once again proved why getting a divorce from him was a good idea!  Wow I'm surprised that the court doesn't just garnish his wages...

• edited December 2011
    Because he refused to file his taxes!  Have the government calling me asking me to get him to file a tax refund yesterday.  Like I have any power over him.
  • edited December 2011
    The year that I was in the process of getting a divorce from my ex-douchebag, he had not filed income taxes, lied to the government that he was in Iraq (he was not even in the armed forces) to avoid paying taxes that he owed, so the IRS took my taxes (over $6,000 as a single mother of 3 and lower income) and applied them to HIS past-due taxes. Tried to get that back in the divorce, to no avail, but got my kids, which are worth WAY more to me than $6,000. Then, when I had my last child with FI, I was off work for 12 weeks (unpaid) and ex-DB was mad about the baby and FI, so he just decided to not pay child support for 12 weeks. Just before the state issued a non-support warrant , he started paying. He doesn't like FI; but doesn't mind FI supporting his kids! I still get creditors calling me and sending his mail to my house several years later because he has no bank account and moves around a lot to avoid them. I write on the letters his new address and give them all his new phone number and they thank me for being "so kind". Ha Ha.Sealed
  • edited December 2011
    Good riddance!!!
    My ex and I got along throughout the whole thing.  We split all costs although I did all the paperwork and filing.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Probably not.  I have told him not to contact me (we have no children together) but he still email me or my fiancee.
  • AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know ladies........

We could write a book together -  "1001 reasons why they are Xs"  LOL

Course, there is probably already one out there!

My ex owes me over $4K in child support, plus he is paying for another kid from his ex before me.  The funny thing is, NC is after him now, and they have NO qualms about tossing the deadbeats into jail!  He has paid 2 times in the last 2 years, and I have a feeling I will get another payment soon - this is the final year he has to file his 2007 taxes, and I know he will, just so they can get seized and he will get child support off his a$$ for a while LOL. 

He did the same thing when he and I were together (not married) with his other ex.  Another happy note - the child he is paying for turns 18 this year, so unless he is college bound (which I sincerely doubt), then he stops paying for that kid, and I can go back to court and ask for more!  I am not being greedy here - I am just asking for some support for our kids. 

Yes, I was not being smart - I was thinking "Oh, he will be different with me!"  Oh, how wrong I was. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards