Second Weddings
Options

Probably over thinking

I got married October 09 and was divorced by June 2010. I am now engaged to get married again.  My ex husband didnt send out our Thank you cards so now I feel as though everyone I invited before, coworkers and my family, may feel as though I was rude before.  How would I go about inviting, or not inviting, coworkers again?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Probably over thinking

• Options
    Welcome!

It sucks that your ex was so thoughtless.

You can't undo this, so I wouldn't worry about it. Invite the people you want there and can afford, and if the faux pas of the thank you notes is remembered by them, they either decide they want to attend anyway, or don't show.

Just make SURE you get the thank you cards out pronto after this wedding.
  • Options
    In the 8 weddings I've been to in my life,(including my own previous ones) I've never gotten nor given thank you cards. Heck it wasn't until planning this wedding that I even knew such things existed. Your friends are your friends regardless of pieces of paper. If they miss out on your wedding because they didn't get a letter saying thank you, then they deserve to miss out on an amazing wedding and free cake.

But that's just my two cents.
    Insert random message here.
  • Options
    Why was it only his responsiblity to send out the Thank you cards?  I remember sitting down and doing them immediately after coming home from the honeymoon for my first wedding.  Did you write them out and he didn't mail them?  Or are you just blaming him for something both of you neglected?  Just asking. 

And I'm sorry Shanarah, but how is it you didn't know about Thank You notes?  WTF?  I STILL send out thank you notes even to my own sisters for their lovely Christmas presents.  I just don't understand you kids today. 

:::Stomps back into bitter old hag land::::
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    @Handfast - my DSD didn't get the whole hand written thank you notes thing until I sat her down and told her she needed to write out thank yous for her hs graduation gifts.  She had also seen me write them for our wedding!  She thought sending an email was good enough. 

To OP: Invite who you want it's up to them to attend or not. 
  • Options
    In the 8 weddings I've been to in my life,(including my own previous ones) I've never gotten nor given thank you cards. Heck it wasn't until planning this wedding that I even knew such things existed

There are a lot of people out there who have no idea that they should thank anyone for anything.  They're usually the same people who think it's fine to attend funerals in jeans and sneakers.
  • Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Ok dang. I am so glad my grown daughter (age 26) knows better. But then again she had good "home training." I am just full of southern sayings today! :) Ps eta: I was taught that a verbal thank you isn't worth the paper it's written on. That same thing applies to email thank yous.
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    How about texted thank yous?
  • Options
    I prefer the solemnity of smoke signals.
  • Options
    @Marrin yeah but they are a little hard to read on windy days! LOL 

@awayagain - texted thank yous are about the same as emailed...in poor taste.

@handfast - trying to undo 16+ years of "poor" raisin' by setting examples and explainin' why we do things the way we do... I came from Southern roots as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards