Second Weddings

What should my daughter's title be?

This is my second marriage, my fiance's first.  He's the acting father in my daughter's life, and her father isn't really in her life anymore.

When we get married we're going to exhange vows and rings, then make vows to my daughter and give her a necklace with a similar design to my ring. 

We're trying to think of what we're going to call her in the program.  She is not the flower girl.  My niece will be the flower girl.  She has her own role.  I'd say she's a mini bride, but we don't really like that term either.  My flower girl will be wearing a brown, purple, blue, and green dress, and my daughter will be wearing a more formal all-white dress.

Does anyone have any ideas what we can call her?

Re: What should my daughter's title be?

• edited December 2011
    I think that is great what you are doing.    My daughter is 16 and is my MOH and is soooo excited to have that role.  I'm gonna have to give it a thought about what your daughter's title could be.  How old is she?  That will help.  My daughter is pretty savey with this kinds stuff.  I'll ask her.
  • melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd really refer to her by name, as "Daughter," to be honest with you.  If she's not a bridesmaid or flower girl or anything like that - then she's your daugther.  That term doesn't take away anything from the importance of her role in your lives and doesn't need to be dressed up for the sake of a program, in my opinion.

I do hope you continue to opt to stay away from "mini-bride," however - because that, coupled with her being in all white and you both saying vows to her, just kind of conjures up images of some cult-like compound type wedding and no one wants that!

Good luck and congratulations!

10-10-10
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mini-bride is very creepy.  You and FI are getting married, not the child.  She doesn't need a title, she has a name.  Just call her 'daughter'.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Agreed = mini-bride is creepy.
  • edited December 2011
    She will be three, almost 4 at the time of the wedding.  We will not be calling her mini-bride, I just wanted to kind of express something that we had already ruled out.

Do we list her as "Daughter" or "Daughter of the Bride" or "Daughter of the Bride and Groom"?  She's not his biologically, but he'd like to adopt her someday if her father will give up his rights.
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd say you list her as "Daughter of the Bride."  Until he is able to adopt her, that's what she is.  At the age of r, she's not going to be reading the program herself anyway, and this would be the least confusing to the guests.
  • TimsGirl10TimsGirl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing something similar, though my daughter is also my flower girl, and FIs son is the ring bearer- but we will be preparing vows to the kids and giving them a token gift as well.  They will both be 8 at the time of the wedding (can we say instant twins!!)
    Photobucket March 2011 September Siggy Challenge FAVORITE MOVIE BIO updated 8/15 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kitkat2003kitkat2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with 'daughter of the  bride'  she will stand out as a special person in the wedding. i have a 7 year old daughter and my FI has a 10 year old son, not sure what we are  going to do.  but  congrats, and i'm sure  you  will come up with something that includes her and gives her a special role of her own.
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bride's Daughter
  • laura_fettlaura_fett member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there a reason why you don't want her as a flower girl?  You can have two flower girls, and I don't think 3 is too young to be in the WP. Otherwise, I would just call her the daughter of the bride.
  • pierrette123pierrette123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Daughter of the Bride is very nice.  I think that would work just right, you can even make it a point to point out after the ceremony when everyone is being announced that she is now the "daughter of the bride and groom".  At age three, she would feel very special.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards