Second Weddings

Destination wedding

I am looking for fantastic desination wedding locations. I have no idea where to even begin looking that would be out of the united states. My xh and I did not have a nice stressless wedding so I would like to find someplace fun and beautiful for the next wedding...please help!!!!!

Re: Destination wedding

• edited December 2011
    We're doing a wedding at sea during our honeymoon cruise. As far as the details and organization go, it'll be pretty stressless. And the cost is great- basically we're getting the honeymoon free vs. what we'd have spent on a wedding here.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in the middle of trying to plan my DW! I'm a total nutcase trying to figure out the perfect place, especially since we've been fortunate enough to travel to some amazing places around the world. Some of the places we considered are:

*Cook Islands
    *Tahiti
    *Fiji
    *Great Barrier Reef, Australia
    *Seychelles
    *Mauritius
    *Antigua
    *Turks and Caicos
    *Hawaii
    *Maldives (not legally binding- needs civil cermeony at home)
    *Bali (same as Maldives in most cases)
    *Malaysia

We've narrowed it down to the Cooks, but we're also still keeping the Maldives in the back of our minds, and possible the Seychelles or Mauritius since we're heading there in September and may just fall in love. We've already been to Tahiti, Hawaii and Fiji (Tahiti and Hawaii several times), so that kind of ruled that out, but they make excellent DW places if you have the budget.

Let me know if you have any specific questions!

• edited December 2011

I guess what I am asking is for places that go all inclusive. Like sandals resort and places like that. I guess I would like some websites that I would be able to look at that shows what they offer as far as wedding/honeymoon type packages.

TIA

• edited December 2011
    Oh- check out Secrets Resorts, Zoetry Resorts, Now Resorts, Dreams Resorts- all the same company! They have properties in Mexico, the Dominican Republic, and Jamaica.

Also, Couples Resorts (Jamaica only).

I've stayed at a few places within these different groups.

• handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

We would love for you to participate on this board--but just for other ideas, there is a DW board that you may wish to review. 

We stayed in the US, due to all the issues we read about validity of certain marriages in other countries, applications, etc.  So, we ended up in Key West, at Smathers Beach.  They have all-inclusive packages through "Key West Weddings to Go"  but since there was so much we didn't want, the B & B that we stayed at threw in the officiant (a notary is all that's required in Florida) and she was a photographer, too.  My pics were MUCH better than my first wedding.  And as it turned out, just by accident, she was a Pagan, too, so she did a marvelous job on our ceremony.   Just something to consider. 

image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • edited December 2011
    The DW boards will help you with figuring out where you might want to go - many of the girls over there have great bios with pictures of their locations and such.  Many of them are using AIs as well.

I'm a DW bride as well.  3 weeks from today I'll be getting hitched on a Mexican beach - and I am not sure which I'm more excited about - the wedding or the vacation!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I am looking for an all inclusive resort in montego bay jamaica where children are allowed, but for the ceremony in a private garden or where strangers cannot walk through your ceremony.
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aruba
    Turks and Caicos
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards