Second Weddings
Options

they ask me "are you excited?"

Im usualy like "eh im ok" not saying that im not excited its just like..mmm I dont know how to say it. Because Ive been through this before I dont do the big "omg im getting married" like first time brides I guess. I love my FI so much, he is who I should have married in the first place. We've known each other for 10 years and together for 5. We are already living together so I guess thats why im like 'eh lol..shrugs shoulders"  everything is pretty much taken care of. Im not stressing (so far, fingers crossed) it's been smooth sailing.

Anyone else get the side eye when you're not gushing over your wedding?
Im confused, should I be gushing over it? lol Nahh...I think I'll just keep "doing me" and being myself.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: they ask me "are you excited?"

• Options
    Your post made me laugh.

I was 56 when I married for the first time last year. I got a lot of "are you excited" questions, and to be honest, even though it was my first wedding, my response was pretty low key. I think with age comes wisdom, plus prior life experiences make you see and appreciate that being overly excited about what is a great party and a legal commitment isn't really "all that" any more.

Be yourself, whatever that means to you. No need to be overly gushy if it's not your style. It has nothing to do with having had a prior marriage, it's just the way you are.
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    Then there's me ... a 2nd time bride at age 50.  I was over-the-moon excited!  Honestly, I was so pumped, giggly almost.  No one ever asked me if I was excited.  It was very apparent, written all over my face.
  • Options
    i live with my fi but i'm excited. we are both so giddy once in awhile haha.
  • Options
    I was giddy for a while, but now it's more just content, I guess. When people ask me how I'm feeling about things I tend to tell the "It's nice. All going good!"  Maybe not the giggly oung bride, but that's just not my personality I guess. It's certainly enough to be happy that yyou're finally marrying the right man!
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I think everyone is different..... I also live with my fi - its second marriage for both of us- but we are SO excited and just downright giddy!  He randomly whispers things to me like "in x amount of days you're going to be my wife!"  He's been doing that since day 100... now we're down to 17.  lol  
  • Options
    I'm not an overly excitable person to begin with. I'm also like "eh". I'm more looking forward to the things that you can put words on - having my FI's last name, getting to introduce him as my husband...I guess kind of more of the symbolic things.
  • Options
    This is my second wedding and my FI's first...I'm more excited about the fact of becoming his wife and carrying his name, like kidlets2 also said...I'm having about the same size of ceremony as my first but it's at our house and low-key. Really...just want it over with so we can be husband and wife. The only thing I'm concerned about now, which seems petty, is that the hair style I picked out - I'm afraid that it may look too much like the one from my first wedding LOL

Just be yourself - don't worry about what others think...if they want to be excited for you, let them but if you are calm, that's probably better all around anyway :)
  • Options
    I'm kinda having the opposite problem: I get more side-eyes (or dead silence) in face of my joy over engagement/upcoming marriage.  It's as though people don't know how to handle it?

My first marriage, FI's second ... I'm not a really gushy person, but I'm in my mid-30's (read: single for a long time while watching my cohort get married, have babies, have second and third and fourth babies), and this relationship is such a blessing and answer to prayer that I'm excited!  I love FI deeply and I'm so happy!

Thankfully, I do have wonderful friends with whom I can freely have my giddy moments, but it still hurts when people look the other way or change the subject after an awkward pause at the mention of our marriage/wedding plans/etc.  Guess I need to develop thicker skin.  :/
  • Options
    I'm super excited because I was so young the first time (22) that i really couldn't appreciate it. I was married for 13 years the first time. We have both been married before. My FI is not very excited about the wedding which has put a downer on things. He just says he can't wait for it to be over, he just wants to marry me. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I am excited, but more than that - my family is beside themselves excited! I don't portray that with anyone outside of family, though, so people either know me well enough to know I'm in the planning zone - or I do have to reassure the others I am thrilled and looking forward to it...
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards