Second Weddings
Options

Hey Short Haired Girls, come on in....

Hi Girls,
I was reading the post about what everyone is doing with their hair fo r the wedding and you short haired girls were stumped.
I have shortish hair and I am wearing a birdcage veil. These look great with short hair and for me, since I like the long white veil, works perfect. I think it is very appropriate for an older bride and looks beautiful.  You can get them with blinged up or feather/flower facinators.
You can wear them in many different ways.. and come in many different price points.
Go to Etsy and  search categories: weddings, and search birdcage veils.

Re: Hey Short Haired Girls, come on in....

• Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Very pretty.  Unfortunately my dress does not lend itself to a veil.  I didn't even want one when I got married the first time.  I ended up with a mantilla because the ceremony was in a Catholic church.

I really don't know what the H I'm going to do with my hair.  I have 3-1/2 months, but I don't think it'll grow significantly enough to make a style out of it.  My hairdresser thinks I should get a "switch" or whatever she called it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I hope it works out for you. Let me know what you decide.

• Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I tried on some really cute headbands at Nordstroms a few weeks ago when I picked up my dress.  I think maybe something like that for the reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sounds very cool.
    I've also seen some great headbands on the ETSY sites.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Headbands are a great idea!  I don't have short hair, although I'm dying to cut it off.  Trying to wait until after the wedding.  Having said that, I think I might think about a headband anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    love the headbands and the birdcage veils... so cute! I'm curious how to deal with the birdcage veil though when it comes time to "kiss the bride" does it get in the way? do you take it off, etc?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    melio0617- Birdcage veils and facinators work the same as any veil..most can be gently lifted and folded back. If it is a shorter birdcage, touching just the apple of the cheek, it may not be necessary to move it at all.

I have my hair almost pixie short and i'm wearing a thin silver headband with organza flowers, 'floating' crystals and Russian tulle netting in a birdcage style that floats diagonally across the face just at the cheekbone. Its one of my favorite parts of my total look. I'll try to post some pics soon if anyone is interested.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Mrs.kevers, that sounds so beautiful!!!

My hair is mid length bob, and I am going for the vintage glam look. I haven't purchased the veil yet, but thinking of the russian netting edged in pearls. My gown has a lot of pears and sparkles on it, so trying to decide if I want the crystals sewn throught the veil. I'll have a dramatic eyes and red lips!!!! I'm going to wear the birdcage just below the eyes, so the kiss won't be a problem!!!
    My hair is dark so with the lace gown it will be good, verrrrry good.
     here's the gown...........

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards