Second Weddings

Wedding Website

I  created a wedding website for our wedding. Not sure what to include. As it is a second wedding and we are in our 50's, some of the things I've seen in 'younger' weddings I don't think fit in our lifestyle or frankly don't know if I want to share.

How we met, proposal, wedding colors or theme, and that kind of stuff, frankly my wedding is casual and small so some of this just doesn' apply.

I'm thinking it is more for information, map of venue, travel information, thinks like the wedding is outdoors, in the summer early evening.

But I'm wondering what you all think would be good to include.

Re: Wedding Website

• I think you should forget the templates, and do what works for your wedding.  We kept ours to information that would be useful to guests (e.g., accommodations, directions, what to wear, registry information, menus, information for those with special food needs).  We skipped the information about us and how we met, figuring anyone important enough to us to be invited probably already knew.  And we didn't include things like colors or theme (even assuming we had them), as we didn't see any reason anyone would need to know that stuff in advance.
  • I'm in the same situation. My fiancé and I are both older and it's a second wedding for both of us. I want to follow correct etiquette but a lot of things just don't apply since I'm not 20 years old anymore. We're inviting people who know us, not our parents friends and business associates. That definitely played into the sections I included in the website.

I didn't include an "About the Bride" and "About the Groom" section. Everyone we're inviting knows where we went to school, where we work, ect. Instead, I chose to include a section on "What we've been up to since we met."  We're very active so it's unlikely that our guest have heard about everything we've done. It feels like a better fit for us.

The main thing is for you to be happy with the information you include. It's your website after all : ).  

• There is a link to our bio below. You can see what we included. It was my first wedding, my husband's 3rd.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards