Second Weddings
Options

wedding ideas

this is my second wedding went to vegas the first time,not sure what kind of wedding to have dont feel I should have a big wedding since both of us have already been married but I want it to be special,any ideas

Re: wedding ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome!  Plenty of ideas to be found here...  Decide what your budget it is and then follow your heart.  Ok, that sounds sappy, but it's late and I'm tired.  Your wedding can be as big or as small as you and your FI want.

GL with your planning!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is no "should" about it.  You can have a big or small wedding.  Just figure out what your budget is, and whom you'd like to have there, and go from there!
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_wedding-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:9fda37ae-7f7d-4429-9b0d-efbcf8a56e41Post:8cf92aed-2bc8-4e47-b212-a13724baef13">Re: wedding ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is no "should" about it.  You can have a big or small wedding.  Just figure out what your budget is, and whom you'd like to have there, and go from there!
    Posted by 2dBride[/QUOTE]

Uh huh ... what she said.  I agree!  :)  Welcome to the boards!
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the Knot Anne!

This is a very friendly board and I'm sure you'll like everyone. You should also come over and introduce yourself at the Detroit board, because you will get a lot of tips about local vendors, wedding sites, etc. They are also friendly and an enormous help!

As everyone has said, do what feels right for the two of you THIS time. Sit down and decide whether you want it to be big, or small, formal, informal, backyard, or church & banquet hall. Do what you can afford to celebrate this marriage to this man.

"Should" or "shouldn't" are not words that enter into the equation. It's your wants and desires that matter.

Good luck.
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and Welcome!!!

Here's what you should do - set a budget and plan the wedding of your dreams to your FI!!  Your wedding should be what you and your FI can afford and want - period.  This is your first marriage to each other! Make it what you want.

HTH
  • Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

First off, congratulations and welcome to the Knot!

Second - your wedding will be special, because it is you and your FH getting married.  You can make it as simple or as fancy as you want.  Sit down with FI and discuss what is most important to both of you, and then build from there. 

Do you want it indoor or outdoor?

Traditional or offbeat?

Formal or Casual?

Once you have this sorted out, we can help better with suggestions.  Feel free to post anytime. 

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards