Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

New Bride- need help on everything!

Hi Ladies!

My best friend just became engaged last month and is beginning to look at options for a Dallas wedding. She is hoping for October 2013. I am able to offer her a lot of help and advice since my wedding was six months ago, but I'm at a disadvantage since I'm not too familiar with Dallas. Any help would be appreciated on just about every topic: Venue (something chic/contemporary yet sweet & romantic, indoor/outdoor), caterers, photographers, cakes, bar options, dj's, florists, dress shops. Anything advice offered will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance and good luck to all of you!! :)

Re: New Bride- need help on everything!

• Options
    Hey!

As far as an indoor/outdoor venue, I don't know too much but I know A LOT of ladies get married at Reflections onSpring Creek.
    They have great options and catering iincluded.  It has inside and outside space as well as a separate reception room on site.  My cousin was married there and it was beautiful  And as I mentioned earlier, a lot of other ladies here get married there.
    I am using Chaz Heed for my photographer, but I am under a strict budget.  I know several brides use Fairy Tale Photogrpahy and Ambient 11.
    I am using a friend from Z's florist.  She does BEAUTIFUL work.
    My cake is being made by Frosted Art.  Bronwen Weber is the owner from Food Network.
    I also HIGHLY recommend Pinnacle Elite Entertainment/Tim Howard for DJ.  He has EVERYTHING and can even wedding plan.  We are just using him strictly for DJ services and lighing, but a co-worker used his planning and said he was amazing.

I hope some of this helps!
    -Cassidy Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When I was looking, Event 1013 in Plano was really nice!  First she'd need to figure out a budget and the ampunt of people she wants to have and that'll help narrow down the list!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker TnE0217
  • Options
    When I was looking, Event 1013 in Plano was really nice!  First she'd need to figure out a budget and the ampunt of people she wants to have and that'll help narrow down the list!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker TnE0217
  • Options
    There is also a vendor list in a sticky at the top of the board!
  • Options
    The first thing you need to do is get a guest list and a budget together. Everything depends on those two things.
  • Options
    Agree with Cwaggoner and Crash---

Does your friend have a guest list and budget? Once she has those, you should go through the vendor list at the beginning of the board. "Dallas" is also a relative term. You can be an hour from downtown and people still call that Dallas. Do you know if there is a particular part of town she wants to be in? For example, I knew I wanted to be close to downtown Dallas or downtown Fort Worth, but not out in the suburbs so my guests did not have a long drive home.
  • Options
    I agree with the others--without knowing budget or guest size, it's hard to help.  The vendor sticky is a great place to start though.  I have all of my vendors listed in my bio and I loved every one of them.  Using vendors that other brides had already had good experiences with was very important to me.  Also Wedding Wire can be a good online source for vendors and to see past reviews.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_new-bride-need-help-on-everything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:dd349786-4d77-44a7-b54c-8272767f7cd3Post:6cff3c1d-c109-45cb-a32c-011232e048c9">Re: New Bride- need help on everything!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd love to help!  I'm an event planner that is SUPER budget friendly. You (or your friend) can email me at [removed] and please visit my site [removed] Best of Luck! Amy~
    Posted by AmyLaceyWeddings[/QUOTE]<div>Hi Amy, 
    If you read the TOS of this board, vendors are not allowed to post here. Sorry. You have been reported. 

</div>
  • Options
    I'm new here as a vendor.  I didn't re-read the TOS when I decided to start my business.  I'm sorry!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards