Second Weddings

*\o/*

Hallelujah!  I found my engagement ring this afternoon.  Amazing.  It was on my night stand.  Yes!  The same night stand FI and have searched innumerable times -- separately -- since I lost it.  Quite frankly, I blame the Borrowers.

Re: *\o/*

• edited December 2011
    YAY!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    That is absolutely awesome!  ~Donna
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!!!  I'm glad that you found it!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Remember that I've said that many times things are in our faces and we don't see them? I am so glad that you found it!!!
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_o?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:a99ace8a-8daa-4025-a1c1-8e366a4b9709Post:9f1ea3ce-0dd5-4ceb-aac3-2fea12de6b98">Re: *\o/*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Remember that I've said that many times things are in our faces and we don't see them? I am so glad that you found it!!!
    Posted by hsbstone[/QUOTE]

Yes, ma'am.  I remember.  It's freaky, though.  Both of us looked on the night stand so many times ... moved papers, lamp, ring holder, etc., and today it just appeared.  I needed that emotional lift today.  Whew!
  • nmauser82nmauser82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awesome! I knew that it would show up. So Happy for you!
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL. Spooky, huh? Sure you don't have afterlife spirits living there?
  • debnchrisdebnchris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY! so glad for you!
  • edited December 2011

So glad you found it!  Kind of freaky, but the best possible ending.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

• Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Whoa....now that is weird.  Lil ghosties roaming around when you're not aware?
  • edited December 2011
    WHEW!!! huge sigh of relief for you I'm sure.... so glad it is safely back on your finger where it belongs... :)
  • handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I remember an episode of The Night Gallery--or maybe it was that other show, what was it called? The third dimension or something like that. Anyway, there were these little "borrowers" that took your stuff to other people's houses, 'cuz it was their stuff, too.  And then just before you'd walk back in the room, they would bring it back.  And occasionally, they forgot a detail, like the engagement ring on the dresser.  And at the end of this episode, they turn and say something like "we make mistakes, too!"    I always think of that episode when I hear of these things.  (BTW, I may not be remembering that totally correctly, but it was something like that.)
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_o?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:a99ace8a-8daa-4025-a1c1-8e366a4b9709Post:61f799e8-8591-4b9a-8c52-e014c12f4900">Re: *\o/*</a>:
    [QUOTE]I remember an episode of The Night Gallery--or maybe it was that other show, what was it called? The third dimension or something like that. Anyway, there were these little "borrowers" that took your stuff to other people's houses, 'cuz it was their stuff, too.  And then just before you'd walk back in the room, they would bring it back.  And occasionally, they forgot a detail, like the engagement ring on the dresser.  And at the end of this episode, they turn and say something like "we make mistakes, too!"    I always think of that episode when I hear of these things.  (BTW, I may not be remembering that totally correctly, but it was something like that.)
    Posted by handfast4me[/QUOTE]

Well, there ya go!  Those damned Borrowers.  Seriously, though, we have NO IDEA how each of us could have searched the night stand -- separately -- and not have seen it.  Scary ... very scary, especially b/c among my family/friends, I'm the one people call to find random stuff they've lost.  Fooled them, huh??
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So Lisa you did find it as your FI began moving in... hmmmm. I'm just glad that you found it!!  Borrowers or spirits - or something.
  • mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So thrilled for you!!  What a relief you must feel.
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_o?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:a99ace8a-8daa-4025-a1c1-8e366a4b9709Post:886abbe4-640b-48ad-9d90-c6af980834b0">Re: *\o/*</a>:
    [QUOTE]So Lisa you did find it as your FI began moving in... hmmmm. I'm just glad that you found it!!  Borrowers or spirits - or something.
    Posted by MikesAngie[/QUOTE]

*gasp * Yes, Angie!  You've just reminded me that I thought it might happen this way.  Holy smokes ...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards