Second Weddings

New Here

Hello!  I am new here.  My name is Erin. My fiance and I got engaged Christmas of 2008.  We were planning on a wedding April 17, 2010.  This is my second marriage and his first.  I haven't done any real planning yet.  We recently have been throwing around the idea of eloping or just watching the forcast and planning a wedding in as little as 1-2 weeks.  I know how crazy that sounds, but I had the big wedding the first time around and know how stressful it can be. We are not really looking to have a big huge reception or anything and maybe even have a reception at a later date.

Anyway, this is just a quick bio. Nice to meet you all. :)

Erin

Re: New Here

• edited December 2011
    Welcome Erin.  However you decide to get married- we ar here to bounce ideas off of.  I think you will find that we cover the gamut- big white dresses and lotsa people, private event, and everything in between. ~Donna
  • jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board. Yes we are all doing the second weddings and their is alot of contrast with all of us brides. Its nice to know that their is no limations just because we have gone down that aisle once before or maybe twice.

Just have something that makes both you and your FI happy.
  • edited December 2011
    I have to agree with others above we all have done big crazy to small and intimate. I am in vegas so I see all of it all the time. You need ideas want imput come on over. We will share with you. If you need to vent we are here for you as well. You are getting married a month before me !!!! May 15, 2010 is my day 4 months 10days
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Erin! 

I watch this board from time to time. It's my first wedding, but my fiance's third, and we are both older. I've found a good fit here.

Everyone here is friendly, and will help in any way we can. You should both do what you want to commemorate the occasion.

PS, my son lives in DC and is going to grad school there, so I have a bit of info on that as well. You should definitely go to the DC board as well, and they can help with any "location oriented" things.

Again, welcome, and good luck!
  • padookie42padookie42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!  Sorry I haven't responded sooner. So busy lately.  :) I am not really from DC, but Richmond VA.  Not sure how to change DC to Richmond in my profile.

Nice meeting everyone.  I will be posting more soon. 

Erin
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards