Second Weddings
Options

getting married in the same church....

ok, so my FI and are looking for a church to get married in.  Obvious choice would be the church we belong to right?  Well, I had my first wedding there and I kinda feel a bit akward about it.  Our church has a new minister so it wouldn't be the same one marring us as before, but still...

Is this odd?

Re: getting married in the same church....

• Options
    edited December 2011

Nope, not odd.  If you are part of the faith community, I think it would be odd to get married somewhere else, particularly if the only reason was that wedding # 1 was held there. ~Donna

• Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can understand why you feel weird about it.  I think that a lot of us try to avoid ANY similarities between our first weddings and our second ones.

First, I would ask your fiance how he feels about it.  If he's okay with it, and you're okay with it, then go for it.  You might get a few snarky under-the-breath comments from guests, but this is a very personal decision and you shouldn't let that stop you.

If you still feel weird about it, maybe talk to your pastor for giudance.  

There are other optoins for ceremony venues if you really don't want to get married there again. 
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nothing wrong with that at all IMO.

My DH and I got married in the same church he and his exW got married in, and we got married the day before their wedding anniversary! 

I did not know when they got married when I chose the date - he did not remember either, since the ho started cheating almost immediately after the I dos and they divorced less than a year later.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards