Second Weddings

It's Normal

124»

Re: It's Normal

• Thank you for posting this.. exactly what I needed today.  I am entering into my 2nd.. his first.. and even though we have been living together for just over 6 years (dating for 7) I still felt I was "rushing it". 
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    nolaave said:

please join our wedding group for great buys and ideas!

• This says everything I have been feeling since we decided to get married.  Thank you!

• I'm wondering, does this also apply to a woman who is 24, has one child and one on the way who had gotten married for certain reasons at a courthouse but now wants to have the wedding her and her loving husband of 4 1/2 years deserve? We never got to have our real wedding. And It makes me sad. I have had a gown that has been hanging in a closet for 7 years, pugh bows that were handmade by my grandmother who is no longer with us, glass flutes for us to toast as we celebrate with friends and family, an aisle runner and faux rose petals for me to walk down to my love of 11 years. Is it really selfish of us to want to celebrate our love with the people who love us in front of GOD?
  • For those of you who are getting remarried after an unfortunate turn of events in your lives, YES YOU DO DESERVE EVERYTHING YOU GOT WHEN YOU HAD YOUR FIRST WEDDING! You are beautiful people who should not feel bad about anything. Me on the other hand, am stuck wondering if it is OK or "acceptable" for my husband of 4 1/2 years to want to or deserve to have a real wedding, since we were only married at a JP. We have been together for 11 years and have been through so much. I just want to really walk down the aisle to him and recite our own vows in front of GOD. Not some judge.
  • I cry every time I read this. There are so many things that I feel awkward or uncomfortable about and even feel awkward trying to explain these feelings to my FI. Thank you ladies for posting this beautiful affirmation that however I feel about my second wedding, it is okay!
  • I desperately needed this!!! I have been married previously and have recently become engaged again. It's exhilarating and I can't wait to marry her, but I'm so scared to tell people because of my failed marriage, even though I want to scream our engagement from the rooftops. I feel like "damaged goods", and it's a terrible feeling. I know I need to tell my ex-husband, because we are still friends and it would be wrong for him to hear it from someone besides me, but I'm afraid. I feel like a coward and that my fiancee isn't going to get the amazing wedding she deserves because people will be judging me. Also, I know this isn't the case, but sometimes I'm afraid even SHE will judge me and think that my marriage to her doesn't mean the world to me just because I have been married before.
  • Great post about NORMAL.
  • Thank you for this thread! 
  • Thank you for this. It brought tears to my eyes. I do worry a lot of these things. Especially those about my past marriage, how perfect FI is, and about kids. Just perfect!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards