Second Weddings

FI's son won't be there

I posted on the ceremony board, and had one response before TK ate the thread - so trying again on a couple of other boards!

FI's son will be at boot camp. He won't be able to join us for our wedding ceremony.  I'd like to do something to recognize him, and am at a bit of a loss. I did receive a suggestion to recognize him in the program...we have  really simple ceremony and I had not planned on programs. Is there another alternative? I am beginning to research programs, and would like to gain additional suggestions to mull over with FI
~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket

Re: FI's son won't be there

• Ask him what would feel right to him. 

Perhaps your officiant could mention him, something like, " We offer a blessing over this couple that starts from their families, including son who couldn't be here with them today..."  or if not religious, "we gather here today to show our loving support of this couple.  With us in spirit is son, who couldn't join us."

But if son isn't feeling it, I would skip it altogether. ~Donna
  • If you aren't doing programs, you could just have him mentioned during the toast.
  • Thank you, ladies. I received such great advice, I realize I was making more of it than needed. Nonetheless, I needed to figure this out!
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards