Second Weddings
Options

sorry I had to delete, thanks for your support!

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: .

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_wish-could-100-excited-right-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:c7f8f776-b2ad-4d49-9754-be07b71f639ePost:a952e679-6c97-433a-924c-8b7e124912ee">Wish I could be 100% excited right now. :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am going through legal battles w ex-h on a few things now re my dd.  In less than 2 weeks now, FI and I move to our new home, and on monday dd starts her new camp.  The town is amazing, the camp is amazing.  Every once in a while I start to feel all excited.  The way I should feel as FI start our new lives in such a fantastic place, that is going to be so good for dd and all of us.  Then I lose that feeling, because I know that my dd may not be able to continue in this camp if I lose my legal battle, and my parenting time may change if I lose this legal battle.  And I feel sad, and try not to be excited, because if I lose, everything could change.  My lawyer feels I won't lose, but it is hanging over my head. I know I am projecting worry onto a future that might not happen, and I have to learn to live day by day.  But right now, I just don't know how. <strong> Anyone dealing with ex-h legal battles w children involved?  How can you be as happy as you know you should be during your engagement to a wonderful man, with that hanging over your head?  What really makes me mad is that I know ex-h would be happy that I am feeling this way, so I want to be happy, just to spite him!  </strong>Any advice would be so wonderful.  thank you!
    Posted by nmeirose[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I am... (see my post <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_degrading">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_degrading</a>)</div><div>
    </div><div>Be happy not TO spite him but be happy IN spite of him. Try to hold your head and put positive vibes and thoughts into the atmosphere. I'm with you on this. Some days I feel bad for the happiness and joy I now have and other days I have the "screw the world... I deserve this" attitude. Make sure you communicate your feelings with DH/FI so that he can help you through things. It's not healthy to keep them bottled inside. </div><div>
    </div><div>Lastly, don't worry... whatever is will be. k? *hugs*

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130 image Are on the way! The rest don't matter... FINAL COUNT~!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been there, only it was slightly different. It's my FI's X and his dds. His X was trying every which way to get more $$ from him, including trying to claim that his kids no longer wanted to come over. All not true. Anyway, it made me miserable at first, since she was clearly trying to get the kids to turn against us and even trying to get my $$ (not legal in AZ), but I just kept standing by the truth and kept praying that the legal system would work in our favor. Well, it did and HUGE relief!!! You just have to remind yourself that you are trying 1000% and that one day, your dd will see the truth for what it is. You can't let someone else ruin your life that is no longer married to you. That is why you got divorced-so neither person can have any control over the other and neither has a say in the other's day to day life!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards