Second Weddings

been seriously procrastinating

It's almost 4 months away from our wedding I feel like I haven't done diddly squat to prepare for it. We don't have a photographer nailed down (though we've talked to one), don't have a flourist, don't have a dj, and don't have our passports yet, which also means that we haven't booked our honeymoon yet, we picked out the tuxes but haven't ordered them yet, and we don't have a cake, or rings.

What we do have are the location, the officiant, the dress, I know what hair style I want, I've picked out the bridesmaid dresses...and I think thats about it. We desperately need to order invites soon and do the passport thing.

For some reason I just can't get all excited about planning "this time". Maybe its because I'm on the other side of the country from my friends and family. I don't have the support network of bridesmaids and moms that I did last time. We live near FI's family and so I have his mom but it's just not the same. you know?

am I alone? Is there anyone else in the same situation? I need some serious motivation here.

Re: been seriously procrastinating

• edited December 2011
    Come on now... get a move on!  You have precious little time left and it is not likely that David Tutera will come and bail you out.  Passports can take several weeks so get that done NOW, or be prepared to spend your honeymoon stateside. 
    It isn't too late, though depending on your date, it might be hard to book some things like a photographer and a venue.  The time to move is now in order to have the wedding you want.  Don't add more stress to your big day by waiting til the last minute.  You can do this.... time to get moving.  Pretend your wedding is next month and plan as though it is.  Perhaps then you will have enough planning done that you can enjoy the time left before your wedding.  Really, some people just work better under that kind of deadline pressure.  But you honestly want to get those invites out now so you have time for rsvps so you can prepare your menu and table cards, ect.  Wow.... there is so much to do when you really think about it. Stop procrastinating.  You will be glad you did.  Cool
    Happy to be the Future Mrs. C.
  • edited December 2011
    i'm with you girl! I have been putting off making any plans for months now.  As much as I love my finace and canno wait to be married to him, the thought of going through all this again is irritating me.  The endless decisions and opinions that I am faced with is enough to make me want to run off to city hall (but we've already been told that it is so "cold" and meaningless to do that). it's just not the same; I'll be 37, Ihave a child, and a very full life. i don't need all the fanfare. I've been there and done that (and wasn't a princess bride last time either). This is his first, and he is fine with whatever I want (both his parents are gone, and I know it wont be the same without them there).
    I just want to have a special ceremony, and a nice simple party/dinner with my loved ones to celebrate.

Not trying to hi-jack your thread, just agreeing with you.

BTW, we have not applied for passports yet and are looking at April.  We do have a plan B that will keep us in the country.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards