Second Weddings
Options

boutonnieres, are they really a necesity?

Our wedding is going to be fairly casual, with myself and my friends doing all the flowers arrangements and bouquets. The fellas will not be wearing jackets either. So my question is, do you think boutonnieres are important? The wp and immediate family will be wearing coordinated ties to distinguish them.
Les enfants disent que les gens sont suspendus pour parler la v?rit?. Je n'ai pas peur, je suis n? pour le faire. Joan d'Arc R.I.P. Sophia please visit www.truthforsophia.com

Re: boutonnieres, are they really a necesity?

• Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH didn't wear one, as he just wore a linen shirt at our beach wedding.  To be perfectly honest, I think they sort of look silly if there's no jacket, because they're supposed to be pinned to the lapels. 

On a different note, a couple of years ago, one of the ladies on this board brought up the subject of Boutonnieres, and my DH (then fi) didn't even know what they were!  Still another lady's fi called them "boy corsages" and then my DH started calling them buccaneers.  LOL! 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Nah, my soon to be H will be wearing golf club casual so no boutinaire (sp) for him either.
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't do them if the gentlemen were not going to be wearing jackets.  They're nice, but don't look quite right pinned to a shirt.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With what you've described - no.  I think it'd look almost awkward without a jacket.  I usually feel they are necessary with tuxedos and full suits, however.
    10-10-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are doing full tuxes and my fiance doesn't want them, so you don't have to have them - you could do pocket squares instead if you feel like there needs to be something there though
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    handfast that is sooooo funny! Thanks ladies, no buccaneers here!!!
    Les enfants disent que les gens sont suspendus pour parler la v?rit?. Je n'ai pas peur, je suis n? pour le faire. Joan d'Arc R.I.P. Sophia please visit www.truthforsophia.com
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heck no!  No jackets, no boutonnieres ... and even if things change and the guys wear jackets, boutonnieres are optional (nice touch, especially for the groom, but optional).
  • Options
    Ken&CassKen&Cass member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No jacket = no bout
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards