Second Weddings

Input please...getting married 12/21/12.

I have been stewing over ideas on how to ask my Aunt to be the Guest Book Attendant? I was in her wedding back in June. MOH by default because her Fiance wanted his friend (my walking partner) as Best Man. Is this a slap in the face because I have chosen my sister and BFF/cousin as BM's.

I have also been throwing around the idea of asking my newly engaged brother's Fiance to fill the position, to "kinda bring her into the family" because my brother is walking me down the aisle. Either way, we have ordered a floral coursage for the guestbook attendant.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
68image Invited to Our Winter Wonderland-Dooms Day Wedding
29image Made it to the party!
39 image Were Snowed in due to weather.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers http://theworldlink.com/promises/doomsday-love/article_79f1a6dc-6680-11e2-9090-001a4bcf887a.html ***ALL IN ALL WE ARE MARRIED YAY!***

Re: Input please...getting married 12/21/12.

• Contrary to popular belief, being a guestbook attendant isn't an honor, it's a chore.  It takes that person away from the party and tethers them to a guestbook, which most people are more than capable of doing themselves without someone instructing them.

If you are having readings, you can ask her to be a reader.  Otherwise, just invite her as a guest.  That IS an honor:-)
    DSC_9275
  • Agree 110% with Avion.  You can always give your aunt a corsage as an "honored guest".  Seat her in a place of honor as well.  ~Donna
  • Ditto Avion and Donna.  As for FSiL, don't do that to her either.  It's no way to be integrated into the family.  Let her socialize; she'll probably be meeting friends and relatives who are new to her.
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_input-pleasegetting-married-122112?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:d1855b27-e24c-41a7-a70b-2ef3e5108782Post:eee345f2-a9f3-457f-abcc-947bba8c28ad">Re: Input please...getting married 12/21/12.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto Avion and Donna.  As for FSiL, don't do that to her either.  It's no way to be integrated into the family.  Let her socialize; she'll probably be meeting friends and relatives who are new to her.
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

Agreed! 100%
  • Thank you everyone for the comments. I have decided to cancel the guestbook attendant's floral coursage. Probably leave the guestbook on a table with the card box.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    68image Invited to Our Winter Wonderland-Dooms Day Wedding
    29image Made it to the party!
    39 image Were Snowed in due to weather.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers http://theworldlink.com/promises/doomsday-love/article_79f1a6dc-6680-11e2-9090-001a4bcf887a.html ***ALL IN ALL WE ARE MARRIED YAY!***
  • You can honestly skip the guest book altogether.  Wasteofmoney.com
  • Wait...isn't the world ending on the 21st anyhow?  In that case, I would agree with Donna.  Even if the world doesn't end on 12/21, I still agree with Donna.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards