Second Weddings

Ideas for presents for kids

My finace has an 8 year old daughter from his first marriage and I have 6 and 8 year old boys from mine.  We are looking for a piece of jewelry for our daughter, probably a necklace.  But we are stuck on what to give the boys to make it a special gift.  It won't be part of the service itself so it could be just about anything.

Re: Ideas for presents for kids

• MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2012
    It's nice that you want to give the children something special as you celebrate your wedding; since they are young I wouldn't suggest a keepsake but something they will enjoy now.  The best keepsake from  your marriage that they could have is intangible.  Show them what a healthy loving relationship looks like and feels like and they will carry that with them forever. 

My DSD disclosed something that made the above very true for me, she said the color of love for her was Navy blue - one of the colors of our wedding (Navy and white).  Our relationship is the first truly loving and bonded relationship she's seen, she was just days away from turning 18 when we married. 

Yes she wears the ring that I gave her every day but what means the most to her was how her father and I treat each other and how we all relate as a family. 
  • Buy them the same type of gifts you would get them for a birthday or major holiday.  Kids don't like keepsake gifts.  (Actually, neither do most adults!)

A toy, a game, a gift card or an activity all make boys that age happy.  ~Donna
  • Legos are awesome!

My boys were begging for 'grown-up' things at that age. A pocketknife, a watch - they were strongly influenced by the Grandpas in their lives. They also enjoyed more commemorative items (that I could date, or write in) like books about their favorite things (dinosaurs, Guiness Book of World records, LEGO's!!!). Make it personal to their taste/interest and you will have a winner!
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_ideas-for-presents-for-kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:d711fa08-1aec-4c58-ac1d-a39c6dedefa0Post:325ec7e5-37f2-4c1a-87e0-67c51d589c04">Re: Ideas for presents for kids</a>:
    [QUOTE]Legos are awesome! My boys were begging for 'grown-up' things at that age. A pocketknife, a watch - they were strongly influenced by the Grandpas in their lives. They also enjoyed more commemorative items (that I could date, or write in) like books about their favorite things (dinosaurs, Guiness Book of World records, LEGO's!!!). Make it personal to their taste/interest and you will have a winner!
    Posted by mmmendi[/QUOTE]

My oldest loves the Guinness book of world records! We will have just ad their birthdays and Christmas so I was trying to think of something different. But, in the end the will be most excited about Legos, dolls, video games, and toys
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards