Second Weddings

Combining our family

This will be my 2nd marriage, his first and I have a daughter that my Ex-husband and I adopted. Future husband and I are currently expecting and our child will be about 6 months when we get married. I would love to get our daughter some sort of family medallion gift and soemthing for our newborn as well but have no clue what to do?

Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Combining our family

• LindaN21LindaN21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How old is your daughter?  That would help decide what to get her. Congrats!!!!
    Anniversary
  • jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depends on the age of your daughter, but maybe an engraved piece of jewelery? Even if she's young, she will appreciate it as she grows.

For your newborn, maybe get a savings bond? It's future thinking and is something that will benefit your new child when they're older.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm include my Future step-sons in the ceremony and giving them a necklace with a St. Christopher charm on it. (St. Christopher watches over and protects)

They will be 11 & 13 on our wedding day. 
  • edited December 2011

Our daughter will be 4 when we get married so I was thinking maybe some sort of necklace?

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mmm2011, I'm sentimental like you, and want to give the child something to "remember". I am 50-something, and still remember when I was a flower girl in my aunt & uncle's wedding, and the tragedy of not getting the Barbie-doll-skirt-made-of-cake because we had to leave before the cake was cut (my mom was 8 months pregnant).

Our kids are older, so the decision is a bit easier. However, I'd recommend something she might appreciate now, such as a jewelry box for a young girl, or some inexpensive jewelry. For the 4 year, and the baby, I might have a photo with all of you,  with an engraved medallion or something with the wedding date, and all your names, with a sentiment like "We are Family", or something like that. You can keep it for when they are older, or hang it in their bedrooms. It's a keepsake, something that they can have, but not necessarily break, LOL. It memorializes the moment. I'm big on old family pictures, and capturing special occasions.

Hope that helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards