Second Weddings

Does the ex-wife get an invite?

Help! We are both entering our second marriage. FH is on good terms with his ex as their two teenage boys live with us and she is local. Does she get an invite? That seems strange to me and he's not sure. Bleh. Thoughts?

Re: Does the ex-wife get an invite?

• Invite who you want to your wedding.  There is nothing that says you must invite the ex's.
  • With teenagers,  I vote no if you are both ambivalent.

If they were co-parenting little ones, it might make a little more sense.

If you were both on board & enthusiastic, that would be fine. 
  • Hmmm...

DS will be 13 and DD will be 10 when we get married. Ex and I are on great terms. I'm pretty sure that he'll get an invite, and I'll tell him that if he feels at all awkward about it that he doesn't have to come.

OP, would it be weird for you, your FI or his family for her to be there? You guys are the only ones who can really make the call.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • One of the reasons that we got married out of the country was to avoid his ex showing up at our wedding. We didn't want either ex there. So, I think as pps said, it depends a lot on the relationship you have with the person.

• We invited my ex-husband to the wedding, and he even gave the blessing over bread.  However, if it feels weird to you, it's not mandatory.
  • My ex is my best friend, after FI. Of course he's coming. He's bringing his girlfriend. It'll be great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards