Second Weddings

second wedding

hello all!...wanting some support...i am getting married sept 22nd...second marriage.  First marriage was horrible he didnt love me and kicked me and my son out blah blah blah.....I have been with FH for 5 yrs...i have grown so much as a person...i stopped smoking and lost over 40lbs with his support...and he helps me raise my son....I love him more than anything but i feel like people are going to judge me...yes i know divorce is common today but i feel like saying vows a second time means nothing....i also feel like i am not allowed to be giddy...because i want to be :(

Re: second wedding

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Go ahead and be giddy!  If anything, having had a horrible marriage before makes you appreciate a good one even more.
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Why not be giddy??  If you feel it, wallow in it! 

And yes, someone may be judgemental, but really ... Do you care?  No!  Enjoy all of the positive changes your future husband has brought to your life.  Congratulations.
  • Congratulations on your new happiness. Do not let the looks of others take from your happiness. Give them the icy stare of death and sweetly reply "Thank you so much for your concern and support. We are so fortunate to have people who care about us in our lives" ... Kill them with kindness and continue to wallow in your happiness and wedding planning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucket June 2012 Siggy Challange - Shoes
  • Be giddy!   I feel like sometimes the first marriage is the practice marriage hahahaha.   I'm about to have my 2nd marriage as well and I am completely excited!   However I am doing everything differently... 
    Photobucket
  • I think this life is too short to not grab what happiness there is out there.  Go ahead and feel giddy...it sounds like you, your FI, and your son have all earned some happy days.  Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards