Second Weddings

Question about Engagement Rings

Seeing as we have both been married before (me twice, long story on the second) and FI once, I am ADAMANT I don't want a diamond engagement ring. I had 2. I returned the first (family heirloom) and I still have the second, not for sentimental reasons, just love the ring. This time I really want a tanzanite ring. He's thrilled, said its up to me, less money to spend and keeps saying its a "Ravens Ring" (we're in Baltimore). I feel like this time its my choice and I should get what I really want. I also kind of feel like at this point, a diamond has been bad luck.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to where to get a good tanzanite ring? I've looked online. Mall jewerly stores tend to be ripoffs, and other jewelry stores are very limited in what they carry for tanzanite.

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Becca

Re: Question about Engagement Rings

• Check out Blue Nile. I know a ton of people, myself included, that have bought jewelry there, including diamond engagement rings. Their prices are also decent as well. If you don't see something online, they will create a custom piece for you if you call and speak to one of their customer service reps.

• MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I second the Blue Nile suggestion they are very responsive!  I bought my DH's wedding band there and he bought both my engagement ring and wedding band there as well.  He was able to choose the stone and the setting and stay well within his budget. 

Edited to add link. 
  • I know you said you checked online, but did you check overstock.com? We just got our wedding rings from there and they're gorgeous.

And I'm totally with you on getting a different ring. My first marriage I had a traditional diamond with a gold band. It wasn't my style at all, but exH didn't ask! This time I wanted something "ME", and we got aquamarines with a silver band and I love it so much more. We got it from JCPenney and it was a fab price. Not sure if they have what you're looking for, but it's another place to look. Good luck on finding your dream ring!
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We bought my set online at Overstock and his online from Sam's. more options on style and price! We looked at JCP, too - I saw one I liked there, I just found another I liked better!
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • I LOVE Tanzanite:-)   Blue Nile and Overstock are good suggestions.   Also, not sure if you maybe have a vacation coming up, but if you find yourself in the Carribbean you can get really good deals on Tanzanite jewelry (especially St. Thomas USVI).  
    DSC_9275
  • Thanks ladies! Never thought about overstock! I'll check them out!

Yeah, my first ring the diamond itself was heirloom, and x-h's grandmother never let me forget it, which is why I did the right thing and gave it back. He picked out the setting himself and it wasn't me, but I dutifully wore it. When I brought up around our 10yr anniv having it reset he had a fit! It was like I stabbed him in the heart. This time I really want something that is ME and FI agrees. He said whatever I want, and I think he's relieved honestly. Diamonds aren't my thing. They aren't for everyone. I fell in love with tanzanite when I was in my 20's and x-h got me a tiny tanzanite ring in St. Thomas I still have and LOVE! I really don't care about other's opinions and feel that this time around I should get what I want. Plus, having a daughter myself and him having two daughters, I want them to understand they shouldn't listen to what society tells them and to listen to their hearts!

You ladies ROCK!! I'm going to check online!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Becca
  • You might also think about looking at antique stores or flea markets - sometimes you can find really cool vintage pieces for not that much money at places like that! I love the idea of something different. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Try going to place like Jared's. You can look at ring mountings then ask instead of a diamond set into it if you can get a tanzinite. When I first got engages we found a mount I LOVED but couldn;t afford a diamond so we had a man made sapphire put in. Honeslty the sapphire got so many more compliments than my diamond(he replaced the sapphire after 3 years engamnet...long story). I think Diamond Celler also offers mounts sepret from the stones.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards