Second Weddings

Inviting family?

I'm getting married in sept 2012, it will be both our 2nd marriages. All my family went to my first wedding, I'm not really close with some of my aunts and uncles, but I'm close to some of my other aunts and uncle. So i don't want to not invite people, but i don't want people to feel like they have to go. My feeling will not get hurt if they don't go.Actually i really don't want them to go.So how do I hint that they DON'T have to go to the wedding?

Re: Inviting family?

• Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2012
    If you don't want them to attend, then don't invite them, and just tell everyone you're having an extremely small/intimate ceremony.   I did this for my first wedding -- we just didn't tell people who weren't invited that we were getting married, then sent out announcements after.  Nobody seemed to mind (edited to add: I do have a pretty easy-going extended family though, so if yours isn't as is likely to get offended, then this might not work).   

If you want them there, then invite them, and let them decide if they want to and are able to attend.
    DSC_9275
  • Invite who you would love to attend, and as the previous poster stated you can tell them that since it's a second wedding that you are keeping it small and intimate. 
  • MikesAngie has the right answer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards