Second Weddings
Options

Advice on vows

Hi there,
I scoured the boards but couldn't find anything about vows.  This is my 2nd and my FH's 1st and while I want our vows to be traditional, I don't want to say the same ones I did at my first wedding.  I want these to be different since this is a different man.  Any suggestions where to look?

thanks

Re: Advice on vows

• Options
    I think I googled wedding vows and found a site that had traditional/non-traditional vows on it.

If I remember right, it was something like myweddingvows.com.

I am sick today, so my brain is not all here.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I think I also did a google search to find ideas for mine.  Ours are non-traditional, but I remember many of the links had both.
  • Options
    There is a Vows board.  Look to the left, and click "Special Topic Boards"  The drop down is alphabetical, and the vows board will be to the bottom.  That board does not get a lot of visitors, but there can be some things to read and plagarize. 

Also, you may wish to talk to your officiant.  Ours had some vows that she normally used, (and I'd never read those particular vows prior to that) but we wrote our own, based on our beliefs, and she was fine with using those. 

There are books on the subject--you can probably borrow them from your local library.   
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    We googled and found a lot of choices.  Have you tried that?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards