Second Weddings

Who to invite??

So, this is my second wedding but my finance's first.  I'm having a hard time trying to figure out who to invite. Do I invite all of my out of town family?  I don't expect any of them to come because the came out for my first wedding but at the same time I don't want to be rude and not invite them and have them feel left out.

Any suggestions??

Re: Who to invite??

• Invite who you'd like to be there within the number of people you can afford to host.  If they can't make it, they'll let you know.  However, just because they went to your first wedding, doesn't mean they won't want to come to this one.   The two events have nothing in common except you.  Laughing
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • I had the same problem -- I totally don't expect my OOT family to take the time off work and burn vacation days to come to my second wedding. And, we're on a tight budget so I didn't want to invite them and "waste" that headcount that I could use on someone local that I know would come (if that makes sense).

I decided I'm going to invite my family anyway. I'll make it clear that I totally understand if they don't want to travel and I don't want them to feel obligated to come...but I'd still love to have them there!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We invited the friends and family with whom we wanted to share the day, regardless of where they live, allowing them to make the decision to "burn" vacation time.  It was fabulous to have almost all those we care about with us to celebrate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards