Second Weddings

QUESTION ABOUT VEIL

I'm getting re-married in Aug. and plan to wear a simple red sheath dress, I'd love to wear a veil w/ it, what's your thoughts on this?

Re: QUESTION ABOUT VEIL

• handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

You won't see a lot of it here, but go on www.offbeatbride.com and check out some of the red dresses there.  LOVE that look. 

image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Because I'm older, the look you are describing, in my head I think of the 1950's and 1960's look that bridesmaids had: colored dress, matching short colored veil. I think it would look adorable.

Not sure what look you are going for, but a small headband with an attached short red veil, or a birdcage veil in red would look great.
  • edited December 2011
    A somple red sheath with a birdcage sounds elegant!  I also am a fan of offbeatbride, check them out! There are plenty of colored birdcage veils on etsy sites. Most of the sellers make custom items, so you could have your veil cusom made to your specifications, and I'm sure you can get a colored veil there.

If you really want to wear a veil, I say you go girl!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Also, you could wear an ivory veil if you have ivory or pearl accessories, that would be gorgeous.
  • edited December 2011
    Lovely!  Great idea about the ivory accessories.
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to talk to your alterations person, if you have them.  I know the person we used can make veils.  That way, you could have one in any color you wanted.
  • edited December 2011
    I love the fact that I am not the only one doing something completely out of the norm!  I was looking for a black veil and just googled it and found a variety of choices.  Good luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think a veil will go with a simple red dress... especially for a second wedding... but that's just me...
  • edited December 2011
    Love that idea!
  • edited December 2011
    best thing to do! try a few differnt styles on.. You might hate it!
    you might love it! good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards