Moms and Maids

What are your BM gifts?

I need some help and ideas :)
I got all my girls a Vera Bradley Wristlet to use the day of... but what are you going your Brides Maids?

I'm at a loss for what else to get them.  TY!
5*6*11 I will marry my best friend! Budget Bride that loves DIY! My planning blog- It's a work in progress http://futuremrsd.weebly.com Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What are your BM gifts?

• aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gifts in bio.  Ditto PP, the gift shouldn't have anything to do with your wedding.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Kbaskett1023Kbaskett1023 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I love coach bags. So I was thinking about getting them coachs wristlets.  It is the only thing that I can think of that fit me and something they would use after the weding.

• peanutty2peanutty2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm shopping like it's their bdays so they all have something different... my one friend is getting a tv show on dvd and a game, another is getting either cds or bath & body type stuff... the other 2 are getting wine with either snacks or bath & body stuff or something like that.  and they're all getting a little bracelet... they can wear it to the wedding, but they don't have to, i wanted to give them one little thing that was all the same.

• edited December 2011
    I am getting each of my girls who drink (my MOH doesn't) an Anne Taintor flask, just for fun (http://annetaintor.com/allproducts.html?sub=Flasks ) and then getting them each something unique to them.  One of the girls is getting a necklace I know she'll like, and I'm not sure what I'm getting the others yet.
  • edited December 2011

All my girls love the jewelry I make so I'm making them each a pair of earrings, a bracelet and depending on where I am after buying the beads and materials, I'll get them a little something else.

If they didn't like the jewelry already I wouldn't be making it for them, but they do and I thought it was a nice personal touch.

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.- Dr. Seuss Wedding Countdown Ticker
    83 Invited image 32 Attending image2 Declined image Still Waiting 49 image
  • edited December 2011

Thank you Retread! I'm super excited that I'm able to give them something that I've made specially for them.

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.- Dr. Seuss Wedding Countdown Ticker
    83 Invited image 32 Attending image2 Declined image Still Waiting 49 image
  • Magdeline687Magdeline687 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bm-gifts-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:01b298fd-1d8e-43ff-b5cd-0ac50c3809f8Post:a792dca4-9490-4217-9188-49e90c3b5fcb">Re: What are your BM gifts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love coach bags. So I was thinking about getting them coachs wristlets.  It is the only thing that I can think of that fit me and something they would use after the weding.
    Posted by Kbaskett1023[/QUOTE] The bridesmaid gifts are supposed to be about what your <em>bridesmaids</em> love-- not what you love. The gifts don't need to "fit you." They should fit your bridesmaids. Your entire wedding is all about you-- the bridesmaid gifts should be about them. If you think that <em>they</em> would all love Coach wristlets, then that's a great gift. If they don't like logos/don't care about designer things, then it's not so great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards