Moms and Maids

MIL Question

My mom brought it to my attention that she wants to dance with my dad during the bridal party dance which i am fine with, but I forgot about the fact that my MIL doesn't have a husband and hasn't dated in probably 30 years. She doesn't have a brother so who would I have her dance with? I don't want to exclude her, but I also don't want to exclude my mom! Any advice?
Can't wait to marry my prince! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MIL Question

• Just let her know about the dance and ask her if there is someone she would like to dance with.  Probably too late to talk you out of a bridal party dance, right?
  • You could just skip the WP dance. They are not usually fun for people to do, especially if the BMs/GMs have to dance with someone other than their SOs. 

Why don't you just tell your mom you aren't doing the WP dance, and that she and your dad can dance together at some point during the reception? You and your FI can still have your first dance, but then skip the rest of the spotlight ones. Guests really don't mind if you pass on these. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mil-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:081f04dc-eb01-4297-936a-4826339d4fd8Post:539cc2df-6405-4791-99b9-6613bc8c3f19">Re: MIL Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>You could just skip the WP dance. They are not usually fun for people to do, especially if the BMs/GMs have to dance with someone other than their SOs. </strong> Why don't you just tell your mom you aren't doing the WP dance, and that she and your dad can dance together at some point during the reception? You and your FI can still have your first dance, but then skip the rest of the spotlight ones. Guests really don't mind if you pass on these. 
    Posted by em01092[/QUOTE]

Ditto this. WP dances are awkward, unless you let every person bring their SO out on the floor with them. And then what if some WP members are single? What about the people who HATE dancing? I would not force this upon anyone. It can also be boring for your guests to sit through all these special dances. Plus, it would solve your FMIL dance issue.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • And this is why WP dances are so awkward - there's always someone not paired up properly.  
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • I agree with pps-- I would just skip the whole thing. They are pretty akward for everyone unless your entire WP is made of SOs, and guests hate being forced to sit through special dances. By skipping it you would save your WP the situation of having to dance with someone they may not know or like, their SOs feeling odd about it, and your FMIL being left out.
    Photobucket
  • Skip the WP dance for all the reasons given above.  They are a waste of time and no guest likes watching them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards