Moms and Maids

Can I just say I'm exhausted!!??

I don't think I can take this much more!!  I had to CHOOSE what to wear to work today!  WTH?Everyday, I get up, put on the ACU's (that new camo stuff), my boots (best.secret.EVER) and go to work.  Been doing this for 23 years.  Works for me.   This is why God put me in the Army.  With the exception of the stupid velcro, the new uniforms are kinda like wearing pjs.Last night I get a voicemail to come in in "soft sell" civilian clothes.  I actually had to choose between the red polo and the blue polo.  Khaki's or navy blue pants.  I CANT TAKE THIS!!  I'm exhausted.  How do you people do this everyday?I'm so not ready to retire.  I don't know how to dress myself in the mornings!Muffin's mom and ck think they are "oh so overworked" this week because their DD's are getting married.  Well, I had to pick my own clothes out!!!(Dear God, someone who doesn't know me will read this and think I'm crazier than normal).Ya'll have a great day.  I'm going for coffee.

Re: Can I just say I'm exhausted!!??

• edited December 2011
    Thank you for the smile. I wish I had a uniform some mornings and basically have red ,blue, green tops that go with all my tan or black pants
  • edited December 2011
    You're right km. Nothing we have compares to picking out clothes---and I'm not being sarcastic!! When I was still working, 'business casual" were the 2 most hated words in the english language. BTW, how long would it take to get the tanks to AZ?
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I can have them there by Friday if you promise I get to watch a Jersey girl take down her FSIL.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL kmm. I (seriously) pick out my clothes the night before for that very reason. I don't want to start my day figuring out the dress for the day. There are days I'd LOVE a uniform. (But I confess that the boot thing would do me in-I do love fabulous shoes......) ;)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    edited December 2011
    Trix - my feet scream when someone gets married, buried, or I have an event to attend.  I put my feet in the heels and they scream WTH?
  • edited December 2011
    Sweet! I'll even take him down at the ceremony if you want! I am a boot girl...but I don't think we're talking about the same kind of boots here. Army wouldn't go for stilettos would they?
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    edited December 2011
    You can borrow mine, no worry.  BTW wedding cake is my fave food in the intergalactic universe.  I get a piece, right?
  • edited December 2011
    oh, and trix---how do you keep yourself from changing your mind in the AM? I can't pick out my clothes the night before because I don't know what I'll feel like wearing. It might be a red day instead of purple.
  • edited December 2011
    Of course. Do you want spice or chocolate raspberry?
  • kmmssgkmmssg mod
    edited December 2011
    Um....what do you mean by "or"?  That would be both.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    self discipline, ck, some serious self discipline~  ;)Can I get in on that cake?  I am such a sucker for cake.....any kind of cake.  Cupcakes.  Cheesecake.  Red Velvet. Devil's food.  Coconut.  Ok-gotta run to my favorite cupcake store.  Be back later.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    How silly of me! Both it is! There's a third but I can't remember what it is. I'll send it anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards