Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Versaspa

I seen this mentioned alot in the FFF those of you ladies that have used it do you feel it is easy to use and provides good color without being orangy or splotchy?  About how much is it usually for a session.

Re: Versaspa

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like it--I was always splotchy until I started using the tan accelerator.

I did it for my E-pics, bridal shower and wedding--all in my bios.  I never thought I would get a spray tan for my wedding but I actually didn't find anything I liked better.  I think I pay like $38 or something.  I only do it for special occasions.
  • edited December 2011
    Versa-spa is not orangey, but I find Mystic tan to be orange.  Something about a different pigment used in them.

However, I always screw it up somehow or another and have some weird splotches.  I use the "light" color though so it doesn't show that much....and you can use a tinted moisturizer to fill in as Stephie said earlier.  They sell it there.

I was airbrush tanned for the wedding, as I didn't trust myself with Versa to not mess it up.  I did it twice at Salas Sunless and they were awesome, and lasted about 2 weeks.

EDIT:  The one I got today was $30 at Planet Tan, but you can get coupons.  I had several this summer at Palm Beach Tan where I got a coupon in the valpak coupon mailer thing for 2/$30. 
  • cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Will the spray come off on my dress since it is white?
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tiffany, how much was your airbrush tan? I actually like my fair skin, but I don't want to have weird tan lines for the wedding, do you think they can fix that with airbrush?
  • edited December 2011

Mine comes off on my clothes if I sweat sometimes for a day or 2.   It's probably best if you do it at least a full day before they wedding to make sure you won't stain your dress.

Anna-  I got mine for $19/each because of a Groupon deal.   I think they are about $60 normally.   I have seen coupons pop up on various sites for them though offering a similar deal to Groupon.  

They can definitely fix your tan lines.   They actually asked me about the cut of my dress and added extra definition around my shoulders since my dress was strapless.  It looked really good.

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The tan accelerator goes on before you do the spray tan.  And yes, Chelsea, I did get a little on my dress even though I did it 2 days before the wedding.

I always recommend airbrushing for the wedding day--I just waited too long to find anyone I liked.
  • edited December 2011
    I would recommend getting the VersaSpa done a few days before your wedding so that it won't come off on your dress.

Here is a post I wrote about VersaSpa on CruiseCritic message boards about a year and a half ago about my experiences.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?s=02a9e4d8043cdf60ffc81c49b836b24c&p=18110509&postcount=4
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Tiffany, that's great to hear!
  • edited December 2011
    I prefer Versaspa over Mystic. The only areas I have to watch out for are my hands. I coat them in the lotion and then wipe them off completely with the wet wipes and then sort of blend the areas around my hands.
    I use the buy 2 get 2 coupon on the Planet tan website, which brings is to $15/tan.
    I would recommend doing that and doing a practice run before you use it for anything important (like events/pictures).
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry Stephie, I was thinking of the after-tan lotion.  Oops. :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards