Moms and Maids
Options

a private couple

my fiance and i have been together for 3 years and have had a great time... with just the two of us. hes very much an introvert and hanging out with me is all he needs. i did have a large group of friends before we met but they had made rather unhealthy lifestyle choices and i have since cut them out of my life. i have a few friends i keep in touch with from high school, but its like a once every 3 months kind of thing. sooo...
ive asked my two sisters and his sister to be my maids. he hasnt asked anyone yet... because he doesnt have anyone to ask. i do have a brother but he will only be 19 at the time of the wedding, and definetly doesnt know my fiance well enough to be the best man. my fiance isnt really taking this seriously either. he told me he figured ours sisters boyfriends would just be his groomsmen. but he doesnt really even know them. i am at a total loss here. 

Re: a private couple

• Options
    edited December 2011
    He can have his dad be best man and just not have groomsmen. It's not the end of the world if you have uneven sides. Just keep the wedding party small if you don't have friends that are close enough to stand up with you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    His sister could stand up on his side and your siblings could stand up for you.

If your sisters' are in serious relationships with their boyfriends, the two of you could try to get to know them, before you decide whether or not to ask them to be in your wedding party.

• Options
    Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're not getting married for a year, so it's too early to be asking people to be in the wedding anyway.

And like the pp said, you can have your two sisters, and FI can have his sister ON HIS SIDE, not yours.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of just having the 4 siblings.  19 is old enough to be a GM and he can stand on your side and his sister on his. 

Sides don't have to be even. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with ehathewa. 19 is old enough to be GM and the siblings would work just fine in my opinon. Another poster suggested his dad be best man. Is that an option?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My only advice here would be don't have anyone's bf or gf in your wedding party unless they are VERY serious, like marriage material serious.  You are going to have these wedding pictures the rest of your life; how would you feel looking at them with your sisters and other family years later, if there happened to be a nasty break up down the road?  Awkward.

My bf says one big regret he has in taking an ex-gf of his as a date to his dad's wedding.  Now, every time he sees those pictures with her in them, he just doesn't like them.  And neither he nor his ex were in the WP!  Imagine if they had been how much more strange it would be to look back now...

So yeah, I'd avoid the use of bfs/gfs in the WP unless they're engaged or married by the time of your wedding.  Also, make sure the people in the WP are there because they are that special to you; you aren't just trying to fill in gaps, remember.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks so much for all the advice. reading it again i can tell i was definitely in "panic attack stress" mode. i have plenty of time to decide. i like the idea of his father as the best man, my uncle had my grandfather as his best man.

its these davids bridal people that are stressing me out. ive already gotten my dress, which i wasn't expecting to find this early, and they are calling me every two weeks (not exaggerating) to ask me how my planning is going and have i asked my maids and when can i bring them in to try on dresses. and i guess they are partners with mens warehouse so theyve been calling me asking about the groomsmen too. so really its just pressure from the company trying to make a sale and has nothing to do with my actual wedding. 
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have caller ID, either stop answering the calls, or lie and tell them that you're not having any attendants (even if you are).  They just want more of your money, don't let them pressure you.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would personally ask them to take me off of any calling lists. Tell them if you choose to go with them for the BP when the time comes you will get in touch with them. That is just annoying and rude to keep calling you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards