Moms and Maids

Pregnant Maid of Honor...

So... I have decided to name my sister my maid of honor.. well turns out, she got pregnant, and will be abour 7 months in the pregnancy by the time of the wedding.
We do not have the best relationship, but I named her maid of honor anyways... Now.. I don't want a pregnant person in the bridal party....
I am not really sure how to tell her, she cant be in the wedding anymore... because of the pregnancy...
Any Ideas?
thanks!
Cristina

Re: Pregnant Maid of Honor...

• lizstill13lizstill13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You don't tell her she can't be in the wedding, just because she's pregnant. No take backs. You should ask her if she feels up to being in the wedding or if it will be too much stress on her and allow her to decide what she wants to do. If she stays, try to make her as comfortable as possible and find a great maternity dress for her to wear. If she does step down I would leave her name as MOH in the program (if you have one) and just not have a MOH. Otherwise, as many many many people have said before, she looks replacable and whoever you ask to step up looks not good enough to make the A-team.
  • edited December 2011
    Please head over to the wedding party board and read the very top portion:  'Are uneven sides okay? (Yes!) Can you kick out a pregnant bridesmaid? (No!) Ask the toughest questions about your wedding party here.'

You will cause a ton of trouble by kicking her out, and it will almost definitely make your already poor relationship worse. It will make you look like a bridezilla who doesn't want a fat chick in their pictures.  It seems to me you regret asking her to be a BM, and this very convenient way to kick her out just dropped in your lap.  Don't do it.

She will let you know if she isn't comfortable being a BM after becoming PG. 
  • edited December 2011
    Wow I hope you're joking because if not, you are a rude little thing to consider kicking someone out of your bridal party to begin with, much less because she is pregnant. Hopefully this is MUD, and if not, well, you're just a b*tch!
    Crosswalk
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_pregnant-maid-of-honor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:176d0d1a-6780-443b-9cfa-8a9a91b2a380Post:f811daac-ffd2-4861-83eb-b9b998a0433f">Pregnant Maid of Honor...</a>:
    [QUOTE]So... I have decided to name my sister my maid of honor.. well turns out, she got pregnant, and will be abour 7 months in the pregnancy by the time of the wedding. We do not have the best relationship, but I named her maid of honor anyways... Now.. I don't want a pregnant person in the bridal party.... I am not really sure how to tell her, she cant be in the wedding anymore... because of the pregnancy... Any Ideas? thanks! Cristina
    Posted by CristinaSilva[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm-first post.  Kick out a pregnant BM?  Sounds like MUD to me.  Please, in the name of all that's holy, let this be MUD,

Because it pains me to think that someone might be this completely classless.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is wrong with you?
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • edited December 2011
    I think I know why you don't have the best relationship with your sister.

• brilibby4brilibby4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why are you so against having a pregnent BM?  I don't understand this at all.  No you are not allowed to ask her to step down.  If anything, have a discussion with her about her current omfort level. 
  • DianneMoBDianneMoB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This sounds like something that would've happened in the 50s, the 1850s.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards