Moms and Maids

How many colors is too many colors for BM dresses?

Im a fun and colorful person so I wanted my wedding to reflect that. The wedding is out side and in June. I have 10 BM, yes 10! And for the colors I wanted to do Pink, Orange, Yellow, Purple and Green. All bright and fun summer colors, and 2 BM would wear pink, 2 orange, 2 yellow ect... But some family members are complaining saying that it would look tacky or stupid.

Should I stick with my original plan or do you guys have any other suggestions?

Please help! =)

Re: How many colors is too many colors for BM dresses?

• bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's tacky or stupid, I just think it makes this a bigger headache than it needs to be.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • kmg977kmg977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thats a tough one...because it could end up looking really cute...or just like your family said really tacky... I would say maybe 3 colors at the most...lol but I can see your vision, I just don't know if it would work out.
  • HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it would be tacky, it has been done before.  Just be sensitve to your BMs in that some colors look better on different people.  Another option would be to have the flowers be really bright and colorful.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • lizstill13lizstill13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's actually not a bad idea if you can pull off the logistics and not have anyone what color they end up in. You could also tone it down a little by picking 1 color and having them wear different shades of that same color. But ultimately it's your wedding and you should decide, just keep your BMs in mind because you still want them to like you at the end of the wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    I think it can be really cute, but I'm biased because I am doing it. :) All my BMs will be in the same style dress, just different colors. I lucked out that all 5 each liked a different one of the 5 colors I picked out (dress is BY1969 by Sophia Tolli, colors are sage, silver, amethyst, powder blue, and dusty rose), and when I picked them out I went to a bridal shop, got the color swatches, and held them together to make sure all the colors would look nice together. GMs have matching ties and vests. As long as they don't clash against each other and you are careful with how you plan their flowers (I ended up using white flowers for all my bridesmaids, and white and pink for myself). Wedding decor is mostly pink and silver, but I think it's still going to look pretty having all these different colors.
  • edited December 2011
    I think it will look fine if you do it right like the other girls said. You should be careful about what color tux/suit the guy she is walking with is wearing as well. We have 3 colors, purple, teal and silver. I have 6 girls, I am doing 3 in purple and 3 in teal. The guys are wearing black tuxes with silver vests and ties to match all of them. The girls will also be wearing silver shoes. That way, every guy matches every girl and the guys still all remain the same. We had a hard time with this at first too, but just take a step back to think about it and plan it all out on paper (I am very visual) and then you will figure it out. Remember, you can still have 5 colors or whatever, but only do the girls in say, 3 of the colors and bring the other colors out in either your flowers, table center pieces, decorations, etc. Don't worry, it will all come together.
  • edited December 2011
    I think it is a great idea!  Especially with all of the fabulous colors that all the designers are coming out with.  My only suggestion - try to stay with the same tone - whether it is pastel, darker colors, jewel tones, etc... Good luck
  • edited December 2011
    This is your wedding and if you always imagined it as beautifully colorful, then do it! It think it will look great! I imagine primary colors (red, blue, green, yellow, purple, fuschia pink). A black tux will look great with all this color!!!

I can't wait to hear what you decide!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards