Moms and Maids

Whatcha think?

So I've had a hell of a time figuring out bridesmaid gifts. All of my girls are SO different and after talking to 3 of the 5 of them, they all said that I should get everyone the same thing and not do special gifts for each of them (this is the norm in my circle of friends).

We are having a BBQ reception where I was already planning on getting an apron made and monogrammed for ME to wear - cheesy, but very me. I was thinking about maybe getting similar aprons for the BP as their gifts.

What do you think about that? I know most people get their BP jewelry or something elegant...but I think the apron might be a little bit more fun. Maybe. Thoughts?

Re: Whatcha think?

• edited December 2011
    Do they cook?  Do they like aprons?   I know you want to get them the same things, but someone gave me an apron for my shower, and though the style is very me, I haven't worn it once.  There's no point in giving them a gift they'll never use.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • edited December 2011
    Hmm, I have mixed feelings on this. I know some say to shop for BM's like it is their birthday or Christmas. However, mine were all really unique and different, plus I was running out of time.

But I do agree with pp, if they don't really cook or enjoy that kinda thing, they may not get much use out of the apron even though it fits with your backyard bbq reception.

Do you plan on giving them the gifts at the reception or the RD?

This is what I did: I got all 6 of them a pair of earrings to wear for the wedding and then I got 3 of them a monogrammed make-up bag, the other I got a Vera Bradley wristlet bc she doesn't really carry a purse, and my MOH I got a pretty engraved compact mirror at Things Remember, a necklace and the same earrings.
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally think that monogrammed stuff sucks.  If all of them would like aprons, I would get them each an apron specific to the girl.  Since I'm a nerd, something nerdy like this or this would be best for me.  But some of my other friends would appreciate something more traditional and girly.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's a cute idea if you actually think they'll use it. Be honest with yourself, don't try to justify the gift if you think they'll just hang it in their pantry and forget about.
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think an apron could be a cute gift. It really depends on your girls, but Anthropologie usually has some really cute diferent designs for aprons so it could be a nice gift if you picked out different ones for each girl.

I'm not a big fan of monogrammed stuff, but an apron wouldn't really bother me if it was monogrammed (no wedding stuff on it though), but I'd prefer things without monograms.
  • LDYGTR13LDYGTR13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, MOH LOVES to cook and bake, I really think she'd be all over it. BM 1 is going to be teaching healthy cooking classes at her local community center, so I think it'd be cool for her, BM 2 moved to Australia after she got married and has brought southern cooking with her and all of her friends down under think her cooking is awesome, so I think she'd enjoy it too. The other two would be kinda "eh" about the whole thing though. Honestly I dont think they are the type to really love anything they get though. (one is FSIL and she never thanks anyone for anything and never really tells anyone she loves anything...she's a toughie)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards