Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Favors

We haven't decided if we're doing favors or not.  What's eveyone else planning?  For the married's - what did you do?

Re: Favors

• edited December 2011
    We did these candy filled glass bottles.

I bought my dad brownies for his birthday from Vermont Brownie company and it says they do wedding favors.  I have no idea on the pricing but they were goooood.
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eh, I say skip em!  They're not worth the headache.
  • edited December 2011

Only because Siavash's mom really wanted them , we did boxed jelly bellys in our wedding colors. They added some decor to the tables, but had she not wanted them so much, I think the money and time invested in them could've gone to something else.

The majority of the favor boxes were still left on the tables when the wedding was over..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We gave wine glasses etched with the logo for the winery and I made wine charms for each glass with our guest's names. They also served as place cards.
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing personalized mugs with cocoa in them.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

I did a candy buffet and mini-champagne bottles on the tables.  If I had it to do over again, I would do one or the other but not both and have gold chargers instead.  Or just skip them altogether.

Really, the money is better spent elsewhere. 

• edited December 2011
    i'm going to do a candy buffet and a photo booth.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I was thinking about a popcorn buffet.  It's our sons favorite snack and I think he would like getting to choose what flavors we did.
  • edited December 2011
    we're doing a photobooth, which is also going to be a scrapbook/guestbook for us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 157 Invited image 95 Attending image 60 Declined image 2 Unknown
    RSVP Date: May 18th
  • edited December 2011
    We are planning on a candy buffet... I think it's a fun idea.  If we don't do that, we won't do anything period. 
  • edited December 2011
    My friend did the photo coasters and even though they were right by the exit, most people left without one. Just don't get mad when the last 10/20 people there start leaving with them by the handfull after you have already kept some at home for yourself and your mom (there were about 80/90 left at that point). If you can't return them and you bought them for your guests to have, IMO, why does it really matter if people take more than one or two when everyone else is already gone?

I haven't decided what to do yet. I'll probably just go with candy so it's not just sitting around in their house, go with a limited decor, or gender specific.

If I try asking FI, I can see his response being "we don't need to give them anything,"  especially since he's already trying to cut out the caterer, pictures, and flowers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We had several ideas, but then when we looked back over the weddings we had been to over the last 2 years, we could only remember 1 of the favors.  So, we're skipping them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We did a candy buffet and our guests loved it.  If you want to do popcorn - check out Mom and Pop Corn in McKinney - it's on the square.  You can get popcorm there in numerous different flavors and colors.  For example, I wanted white popcorn and purple popcorn to match our colors.  So we bought grape flavored and pina colada (sp) flavored popcorn.  Huge hit at our wedding.  And so very good.  The entire store actually has lots of 'old school' candy.  It is a candy store though, so not the most friendly prices.  Worth checking out, though.
  • edited December 2011
    We did a candy buffet and our guests loved it too.   I wanted to do popcorn but I didn't have the time or the patience at that point to try and figure out how to make containers big enough for popcorn look pretty.

It seems I am the minority ...but I don't think they should be skipped!!  I do think guests appreciate something edible though..rather than a candle or some random thing they will never use.
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing a photobooth.  Right now I we are doing a nice colored envelope with a message about the photobooth and for them to store their photos in.  If budget allows we would like to do little frames but I am not sure if we can.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e1bcabf0-551a-4598-9b14-21e934a64f45Post:f1056b3a-816e-4446-8479-072e5ea9c78f">Re: Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eh, I say skip em!  They're not worth the headache.
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

This X100!!!  We would have done a photobooth if we had the money but we decided that it just wasn't worth the time, headache, or money!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing a photobooth and also some chocolate on the table.  I've been to one wedding with a candy buffet and loved it!  We cut it in favor of the photobooth.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e1bcabf0-551a-4598-9b14-21e934a64f45Post:ed95ca06-f722-4bc1-89f0-8da3a07f0b10">Re: Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you want to do popcorn - check out Mom and Pop Corn in McKinney - it's on the square.  You can get popcorm there in numerous different flavors and colors.  For example, I wanted white popcorn and purple popcorn to match our colors.  So we bought grape flavored and pina colada (sp) flavored popcorn.  Huge hit at our wedding.  And so very good.  The entire store actually has lots of 'old school' candy.  It is a candy store though, so not the most friendly prices.  Worth checking out, though.
    Posted by serlace[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! I'll check them out.
  • dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Little black pillowboxes with purple dice and Hershey's Kisses inside.

Small but the dice are representative of our Las Vegas ceremony, and who doesn't like chocolate? (my FI is a chocolate fanatic)

• edited December 2011
    We're doing a candy buffet also.  Our wedding is in the early afternoon so we're just doing a cake and punch reception at our church and I thought this would be a cute favor/way to decorate.  However, now that I think about it we may be giving our guests waaay too much sugar.   :)
  • carmen9311carmen9311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    skipping. if anything, we'll make a donation to make-a-wish in honor of our guests
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:e1bcabf0-551a-4598-9b14-21e934a64f45Post:96bdb462-e9b1-48c6-808a-d645549e741b">Re: Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]we're doing a photobooth, which is also going to be a scrapbook/guestbook for us.
    Posted by Stef&Bobby0612[/QUOTE]

That's what we're doing! I'm still kindda undecided on what to do. I want to do something to say "Thank You" for celebrating our day with us.
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nada :)

Not worth the time or effort, IMO.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

I am pretty sure we are skipping them too.  It just isn't in our budget.  If anything, we might do chocolate with personalized labels

Our first "child" and he's a handful!
  • edited December 2011
    We did little black favor boxes filled with hotpink hershey kisses, tied with damask and hot pink ribbon to match our theme. They were a little extra decor for the tables. Honestly if I was to do it over again--I would probably still do it just because it looked pretty- however, we did have some left. I agree with Tiffany though- something edible is usually best in my opinion.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm with Tiffany. I think it's something to have. Not make or break but I know I always appreciate it when I go a wedding.

We are doing little shot glasses. We actually got them today!! Both Fi and I collect them so we thought it was appropriate. We don't drink much so we are calling them votive candle holders. They will have candy in them and wrapped in color celophane with a little Thank You note. We fit it into our budget though so it's a positive thing. I don't think I would have done something like this if it made me go over budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards