Moms and Maids
Options

Conflict?

I am a MOH in a wedding in May of 2011.  The bride and I are close, I am honored that she asked me and am very excited about the wedding and all the planning.  She originally asked her best friend to be her MOH, but she said no because she was trying to get pregnant and wanted to focus just on that.  My husband and I already have 2 kids and were thinking about a 3rd, but weren't going to try until after the wedding...  Long story short, I'm pregnant and it just so happens that I'm due in May.  Obviously I am going to tell the bride, but do you think I should step down as MOH?  Or at least step down for the actual ceremony?  I wouldn't want to end up having the baby before the wedding and then leave ehr up there alone...  What do you guys think?

Re: Conflict?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you still really want to be her MOH, I wouldn't step down. But I would definitely tell her about your pregnancy. She should be flexible and understanding and possibly have a backup person or even 2 MOH's in case you aren't there.

I don't have kids, but know every woman is different. And considering this is your third baby, the baby may come early and in that case maybe you still could be her MOH. It all depends on the timing of things. I think it is way too early now to tell anything. So I would definitely wait until it gets closer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just tell her your due date, that you'd still love to be her MOH, but you understand if she wants to ask someone else because of the timeline. Then just be supportive of whatever decision she makes, and set realistic expectations of what you'll be able to do as her MOH, and what she'll need to rely on other people to help with.

Congratulations on your pregnancy!
  • Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Talk to her about it and decide on it together.  Unless it's like a situation with one of my friends.  I invited her to my wedding knowing she was pregnant.  She ended up having to decline because she is due the day after the wedding.  She is already not allowed to travel more than an hour from the hospital she is going to deliver at, my wedding is 400 miles away from her. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     Just tell her what's up without any leading statements. Simply say something like,  "I have great news! I'm pregnant!! The only thing is that means I'm due around your wedding. As soon a I found out I wondered how this would effect my role as MOH, what do you think? Cause it IS your special day! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards