Moms and Maids

Deleted Post

Re: Deleted Post

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    um..  okay.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing.
  • LoveMuffinsLoveMuffins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't care about other people's opinions then why are you sharing this on a board designed for people to share their opinions?
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridal-party-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:38caee80-0c5f-4a70-88a1-01be9c44e0d4Post:58d6a72f-d798-4cc8-9ce3-6760e1c91f46">No bridal party...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not going to have a bridal party, nor will I have my mom or MIL go with me to choose my dress. I know they may get hurt but I don't care. It's my wedding and I don't want to deal with the opinions of others. My fiance and I are all about doing everything ourselves and do not want other people cramping our style. lol We are paying for everything therefore, we will have a wedding to our liking. I don't want to deal with the drama and the accomodations that having a bridal party comes with. So we will keep it simple and all about the bride and groom. Just the way we like it..
    Posted by gricelb[/QUOTE]
  • vicki0508vicki0508 member
    edited December 2011
    Why wouldn't you listen to anything other people have to say?  Maybe they'd have some really good ideas.
  • edited December 2011
    Lovely.

• edited December 2011
    What a cute picture of you two. Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!!!
    I've been scarred by those shows! LOL
  • edited December 2011
    I'm open to opinions and such. I just don't want anyone telling me what to do.
    When it comes to choosing things, I will take into consideration the opinion of the people I care about, but after all I am paying for everything therefore I should be allowed to include or exclude anyone I want.

Thanks for the input though. =)
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridal-party-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:38caee80-0c5f-4a70-88a1-01be9c44e0d4Post:eb34746f-d7fe-41ad-a33a-d2c83f5337d7">Re: No bridal party...</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is not a post for anyone to reply to. I created a blog and was expressing my thoughts, in my blog. It's called a blog for a reason. If you don't care about reading my stuff, move on. No need to waste your time posting things on my thread if there is something about my words that bothered you. =)
    Posted by gricelb[/QUOTE]

This is not a blog.  It's a public message board.  And they are two different things altogether.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • vicki0508vicki0508 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm so confused.  The internetz is too hard :(
    edited December 2011
    grice:  since you're new here, please let me fill you in.  Once you've been quoted, even though you delete a post, it's still there for people to see.

And once you've been quoted, changing you post doesn't change the one that's been quoted.
  • edited December 2011
    What the heck are you talking about?  What made you think this is a "blog"?  You did not create a blog, you posted on a message board, which is like a huge public conversation.
  • bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    edited December 2011
    Blog = Personal website where you post your thoughts.  Most people do so to get comments from others.

Message board = Place where you post a question or comment for the purpose of getting comments and advice for others.

TK boards = message board.  Not blog.  If you want a wedding blog, try blogspot.com.  They're free and actual blogs.  Or if you want to keep your thoughts to yourself without comments from others, and old fashioned pen-and-paper diary may be up your alley.

Capiche?
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    edited December 2011
    I seriously do not understand why so many people do not get the difference between a blog and a message board.  It's not that difficult.  I swear, some people shouldn't be allowed online without the supervision of a trained professional...
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridal-party-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:38caee80-0c5f-4a70-88a1-01be9c44e0d4Post:29bda634-0a8d-4535-951b-6bb064d43601">Re: Deleted Post</a>:
    [QUOTE]I seriously do not understand why so many people do not get the difference between a blog and a message board.  It's not that difficult.  I swear, some people shouldn't be allowed online without the supervision of a trained professional...
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

This....absolutely!!!!!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards