Moms and Maids
Options

Bridesmaid dresses vz MOH

I was asked by a MOH if the dresses didn't have to be different for her and the bridesmaids.  The dress I would like them all to wear is a social ocassion kind of dress that they could probably wear again. But it would be hard to find a different dress that would blend at all with that one since it is not a typical bridesmaid dress.  What should I do? 

Re: Bridesmaid dresses vz MOH

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm confused by your phrasing.  Do you want the MOH to wear something different, and she wants to wear the same thing as the BMs? If so, they should all wear the same thing.  Otherwise, you can go to a dept store and there are many dresses that come in the same fabric but differ. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You can have the MOH and BMs wear the same style dresses, but still do something to make the MOH stand out as special.  For instance you could add a sash to the MOH dress in an accent color or add a (costume) jeweled pin, or have her carry a larger bouquet or a bouquet of a different color.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto pp's. My MOH is wearing the same color as 2 of the other girls, but we are putting a flower in her hair to help her be distinguished as the MOH. But you could also do a sash, brooch or a bigger bouquet/more similar to yours to help her stand out. Don't get too complicated with the dress thing, it will make everything harder for you and them and they will just get frustrated. Keep it simple. It will still look just fine.
  • Options
    jjacobsrnjjacobsrn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls.  I really love the dress we found already and can't imagine changing it, however I can add a longer ribbon to the MOH bouquets or a flower in their hair ( I have 2 MOHs).  They are distinguishable because I have written their names in honor on the programs, etc.   Thanks
  • Options
    duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been an MOH a few times and never wore a different dress to make me stand out as MOH.  MOH is printed in the program, stands directly next to the bride, and is probably introduced as the MOH at the reception.

If it is really important to her I'd probably go with it but I never understood the big deal.
  • Options
    lilcasserslilcassers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of a different flower in the MOH hair and maybe have her wear different shoes if all the rest are wearing the same shoes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tommyandytommyandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same dress, different color? Add a wrap?  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards