Moms and Maids

BM gifts?????

not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i am stumped on what to get my girls!!  we're on an EXTREMELY tight budget, and i wanna get them something practical.  any ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
***January Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration***
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: BM gifts?????

• Shop likes its their birthday.  They do not need to get the same gift. If one likes wine and another likes movies, tailor their gifts to their personal preferences.  Anything to use for your wedding isn't part of their gift.
    Anniversary

• I agree with the PP, if you buy them something to wear at your wedding, it's not considered part of their gift. It's ok for them to get different gifts. 2 of my BMs are big wine drinkers, so I might get them personalized wine glasses, the other really likes crafts, so for her maybe a gift card to Michaels. The ofther is in high school so I haven't really decided for her yet. But it all depends on what your girls like. You and try The Knot's wedding shop for ideas.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge: Cake image
  • ditto PPs.

I, too, wanted to get them something practical so I got my girls Coach wristlets.  I shopped clearance at the outlet store near me, so that definitely helped keep it in my budget.
  • i was planning on getting them all something different.  is the whole 'gift basket' thing tacky?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bm-gifts-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:3d15ae71-4821-4036-83d5-e0836e516f87Post:40211293-0c61-49bb-9838-d3236b04634c">Re:BM gifts?????</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:BM gifts?????: It depends on what is in it. If you do a different gift basket themed to each girl's interests, coffee or movie night or wine or whatever each girl likes, then it's great. If it's a gift basket of generic bath stuff or whatever, then it's kind of lame.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<div>i was thinking of getting them each something different, but something that fits their personality, or the things they love.  however, some stuff may be the same, like i found those reusable plastic cups with straws that everyones using these days for $1.99 at michaels, and i found some sports team sunglasses.  i was thinking about getting the girls that are into sports the sunglasses, and even though theyre all the same style of glasses, theyll have different teams on them.  maybe a small sample of some really nice perfume, a flask, maybe?  i just dont know.  one of my bridesmaids im not sure what she likes, and ive known her for a while now.  thats the main reason im stumped.  haha.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited August 2012
    I got all of my BMs a different piece of jewelry (they all wear jewelry, so I got each one a piece I would get her for her birthday), and I found amazing deals at modnique.com (think $110 earrings for $11).  It was a great way to get them all something special without breaking the bank.

ETA:  I should clarify, Modnique isn't just for jewelry, it hosts flash sales for clothing, accessories, home goods, etc. as well.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Shop like it is their birthday and do it over the holiday season.  Last November (late) I was really wanting a new set of wine glasses but with such a large family and being in the middle of Christmas shopping I wasn't going to really worry about getting some.  There was a really pretty set for 30.00, but they went down to 9.99 at Younkers 4 or 5 times over the holiday season.  Yes, they are mine.

If you have a girl who likes wine, a really pretty set of glasses and a bottle of wine are incredibly affordable during the holiday season.  You can shop for just about any hobbie/interest/etc during that time and save a lot of money.  Good luck.
  • thank you guys!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • When we got married we got each of my BMs nice beach bag/tote bags and the men got back packs.  Then we filled them with different things that we knew they'd like.  Some of the things were the same, but some were different (coffee, tea, wine, vodka, etc.).  We got married in VT and our wedding party was all from out of state, so we got a lot of VT made products for them too (King Arthur Flour products, Green Mt. Coffee, etc.).
  • Tons of cute unique gift ideas! check out http://www.etsy.com/shop/moonstonecreation. it is such a cute shop with tons of handstamped jewelry, bottle openers, military related jewelry, keychains, cufflinks, etc... Makes great wedding gifts for bridesmaids & groomsmen. I really like the handstamped necklaces for the BMs. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards