Moms and Maids
Options

Missing my Mom!

It's so hard planning my wedding without my mom.. she died 7 years ago from lung cancer. It's not fair... Sorry I am just having an "I want my Mommy" moment I really think it is going to drive me crazy! How have other girls gotten through this? I am afraid I wont make it through my wedding day because I will be bawling like a baby... My dad is gone too, and my fiancee's parents are also gone.. it really SUCKS!!

Re: Missing my Mom!

• Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    Please accept my sympathy on the loss of your parents. They will be with you on your special day because they are in your heart.

• Options
    I'm a MOB who lost my parents as a child.  I am so sorry for your loss.  I felt much the same way.  There are actually several brides on here who have lost their mom's so there is also a lot of support to be found.

I will share this with you:  Do everything you can to be joyous and happy at your wedding.  I'm sure your Mother would want your wedding day to be spectacular and everything you have ever dreamed of.  Focus on the day as best you can.  This is something she would want you to treasure.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry...I have no experience with this, but I can't even imagine doing this without my mom! I watched Say Yes to the Dress last night and the girl had lost her mom...I was bawling for her :( *huge hugs*
    imageAnniversary
  • Options

All of those shows always have some sort of  missing parent theme... I cant get through an episode without bawling!

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss jeffsgirl.  My dad passed away nearly 18 years before I got married and it was still very tough not having him there with me.  You'll do just fine on your wedding day, though parts will be bitter-sweet.  I took a few minutes alone before the ceremony to have a little "chat" with my dad and then my best girl was ready to blow in my eyes and sing me silly songs when I started to tear up. 

Just know she's always with you and wants you to CELEBRATE that day. 

Best wishes!
  • Options
    I also miss my mom. She passed 4 years ago at the end of July and planning a wedding is definitely not something I thought I'd be planning without her. Just remember that she's with you every step of the way as your guardian angel :) its okay to have 'mommy moments.' and it's okay to cry on your wedding day- its your day! She'll be watching though and I'm sure she wants you to have the time of your life. P.s. I can't win w any of those shows! I cry cause they don't have a mama or I cry cause I wish I had a mama to go through this with. You're not alone :) thoughts are w ya. :)
  • Options
    Oh I'm so sorry.  I went thru the exact same thing you are going thru and I so understand.  My parents passed away 5 years ago and I got married one year after.  It was so hard to plan the day with out their love and support.  But I do believe they were both watching from above!  We got married in April at the Space Needle and it is normally raining, but that day was sunny & warm.  My sister walked me down the aisle and she was a perfect stand in.

Just know they are happy and excited for you and if you cry everyone will understand.  I was so happy that day that I did not and I was surprised.  I had mentioned them in my wedding program and the minister also spoke about them.  I think the key to making it feel like they are there is to include them.  I also had a pictures of them from their wedding day on the guest book table.

I'm so so sorry - I remember the pain I felt and how jealous I was that it felt like everyone in the world had their mom with them.

Sorry I went on and on, but I had the same feelings when I got married.  you are not alone.
    HUGS!!  And your day will be fantastic!!
    Julia
    Julia MOH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards