Moms and Maids
Options

MOB Dress Color

I'm planning to take my mom dress shopping for my wedding and I'm wondering what color I should look for.  My wedding is in May.  My maids are wearing knee-length black dresses and my MIL is wearing a lilac dress.  Any suggestions on what my mom should get?

Re: MOB Dress Color

• Options

Whatever color your Mom likes.  The parents do not have to coordinate with the wedding party nor are you to dictate what they wear.

When you go shopping with your Mom make sure she buys a dress that she loves and feels beautiful in regardless of color or length.

The only thing to be aware of is making sure that your Mom's dress matches the formality of your wedding.  Meaning no ballgown if you are having a backyard BBQ.  But, if in the end, that is what she wants to wear then so be it.

• Options
    Whatever color your mom feels best in.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto PP. Let your mom choose whatever she wants. 

My wedding is also in May and my BMs are wearing black dresses. My mom chose a very dark navy blue dress that she looks and feels amazing in. 

• Options
    I wore red.    It looked great with my hair.  I felt pretty.  My DDs all left it up to me to choose what I wanted to wear and they liked it too.  They would have told me otherwise, lol.
  • Options
    Whatever colour she likes, and whatever kind of dress she's most comfortable in (according to the formality of your wedding, as PP mentioned). My mom is wearing an eggplanty coloured knee-length dress, and FMIL is wearing a navy blue full-length dress. My mom likes to show off her legs, while FMIL is more self-conscious about hers, and I'm totally fine with them not "matching" each other.
  • Options
    Let her choose. She may want to coordinate with the wedding party or she may not - totally up to her.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mob-dress-color-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:47409df7-bde1-4749-b1cb-8c82fbeb025bPost:efeb1f44-0898-4fd7-81f3-0566d8096dcc">MOB Dress Color</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm planning to take my mom dress shopping for my wedding and I'm wondering what color I should look for.  My wedding is in May.  My maids are wearing knee-length black dresses and my MIL is wearing a lilac dress.  Any suggestions on what my mom should get?
    Posted by candygurl15[/QUOTE]

whatever your mom wants. Don't let anyone push your mom into a color she doesn't want. I have been to a few stores with my mom and FMIL and some stores suggested that the mother of the bride, or mother of the groom should wear certain colors. Just let her pick out something that she feels beautiful in. My mom is wearing a navy blue dress that has embroidery all throughout the dress and my FMIL put a deposit down on a dress but we are waiting to hear back from the store to make sure the dress comes in the color of her choice which is wine. They are going to look amazing. Goodluck and have fun
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards