Moms and Maids
Options

MOH lacks creativity

I am the MOH for my sister's wedding this coming May- she was mine last May and did an amazing job with everything.  I want to return the favor so I am trying to think of some unique ideas for her bridal shower.  I have the theme and probably the favors picked out and food menu... but here is where I need help.

I want some ideas for things the guests can do during the party that would be meaningful...not bridal shower games... but something more sentimental. Like giving each guest an advice card and asking them to fill it out on advice to the couple and then creating a book out of the responses to give to my sister.  Anyone have any ideas along those lines?
Thanks ladies!

Re: MOH lacks creativity

• Options
    My mom did recipes at my sister's shower.  All the guests recieved a recipe card with the invitation and then they dropped them in a basket at the shower.  My mom gave her the book as a gift.

One of the bridesmaid's for my sister sent out scrapbook pages to a few really close family members and friends.  We were supposed to fill the scrapbook with pictures. memories, etc... whatever we wanted, and then the bridesmaid gave my sister the scrapbook with the pages.
  • Options
    We also did the recipe thing at my shower. The hosts asked everyone to bring a recipe that they loved and then they were compiled. At the beginning of the shower every woman was to share a piece of relationship advice like an ice breaker.

My cousin also did a really cute activity. She wrote a poem/story about being a wife. She then purchased household products with names like Pledge, Joy, Shout, Mr Clean, etc. and worked them into the story. Every time she got to a certian part, I had to open a wrapped package with the product in it. So it worked like ... Even if H isn't [Mr Clean]... and.... you will [Shout] for [Joy].  Hope that made sense. It was really fun and creative and everyone loved trying to figure out what each thing was while I opened it.

Photobucket
  • Options
    I like the idea of making a scrapbook out of advice. You can add in pictures from the bridal shower, too.
  • Options
    Great ideas!  Keep them coming!
  • Options
    I saw something where people had like a MadLibs page where the guest can write in their own words. So for instance "Jane and Joe are __________ for each other. Jane is the ________ to Joe's ___________." Super cute.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_moh-lacks-creativity?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:4c52910e-c794-44b0-8f21-14d95eab1f76Post:61d055be-424d-485e-8ae2-5ea2b50af5da">Re: MOH lacks creativity</a>:
    [QUOTE]I saw something where people had like a MadLibs page where the guest can write in their own words. So for instance "Jane and Joe are __________ for each other. Jane is the ________ to Joe's ___________." Super cute.
    Posted by biz717[/QUOTE]

At one of my friend's showers, we did this but used those cleaning products as the words to fill in. It was pretty funny.

This isn't really sentimental either, but I loved this game when My BFF got married-they had a list of questions about her FI, and we had to guess which ones she would get right and wrong. They asked her FI the questions earlier (he wasn't at the shower), got his answers, then she had to say what she thought his answer would be... (ex: favorite article of clothing-he said his hat, she also said hat, she got the question right) It was pretty hysterical and so cute.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    When I married 30 years ago, the recipe cards were done for me. One of my favorites was from the young daughter of a church friend who attended with her mom. She explained to me how to make the world's best P & J sandwhich. I still cherish it. For my daughter-in-law, I got a vintage handkerchief that belonged to my husband's aunt, made her a blue semi-precious stone ankle bracelet and gave her a six pence for her shoe. Think something she can keep and would be precious to her...  a matte for a picture frame that everyone could write the advice on, then she could put a pic from her shower in it.  Or write well wishes on pieces of ribbon that could be incorporates in wedding bouquets or table flowers or some part of the ceremony. Good luck, hope you find an idea that sparks your interest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards