Moms and Maids

any mohs not getting along with the rest of the bms?

Im moh in my friends wedding and the bridesmaids really don't like me. They have been extremely rude to me and my family. Its gotten to the point where they wont even speak to me. They ignore me. I admit after they started this I became very detatched from the wedding. Is that bad? The other girls seem happier that I've stayed out of their way but I can't help but feel kind of crappy...I don't want the bride to suffer either

Re: any mohs not getting along with the rest of the bms?

• Are they women you didn't know before?  What exactly has happened? They just ignore you when you're all in the same room together? 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Do you know why they don't like you and have been rude to you? Had you met them prior to becoming a part of the wedding party?

The times I've seen this happen in my personal experience it was for one of two reasons: 1. the MOH was being pushy and overbearing when it came to wedding-related things or 2. the people in the wedding party happened to be b!tchy people by nature and personalities clashed.
  • ridedatbikeridedatbike member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Ya kind of. I don't really want to give to much information jic the brides on here. This one bridesmaid is extremely pushy and she's really bad at communicating so ill admit I got a little fed up and snapped at her when she laid into me about not coming to a fitting that no one told me about till the last minute. I also have a toddler and she had a Dr appt that day so I couldn't make it. I told her that I had other obligations and she got really upset and kept saying "are you coming or not we've Bern trying to invite you!" I replied to her that this was the first I had heard of any fitting and I would have appreciated being consulted about a good time if they had really wanted me to be there. It was a lot more snappy bit idr exactly what I said. After that they started the ignoring. Im mow trying to do the best I can to keep the peace so im just staying out of their way is there something else I should do?
  • O and they've all known eachother for a very long time. They're all from the same state. Im kind of the new girl. There's been a lot of other drama involving Bach/shower. Ive been trying really hard to accommodate them and I appreciate help but I would appreciate to know what's going on I've been kind.of.kept out of the loop about plans and im supposed to host this at my home. I usually find things out at the last minute so im a little miffed.
  • ridedatbikeridedatbike member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re:any mohs not getting along with the rest of the bms?:Do you have phone numbers or email addresses? Contact ALL of them en masse. Be friendly....."Hi, ladies! I thought we should discuss final plans for the bridal shower. I realize you've known each other for years, so discussing plans for the bride is second nature to you.....but please don't forget I'm OVER HERE! I want to be kept in the loop so that Susie can have the best possible shower that we, her friends, can give her.nbsp; I look forward to working with you all, and getting to know you better.nbsp; Thanks!" Posted by. RetreadBride I really like that. It was actually my first approach. Sounds good for the parties. For everything else though is it still cool to.kind of just stay out of everyone's way to avoid drama or will that make me looked bad since ill be the only BM not really involved.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards