Moms and Maids

BM assumption

My fianc and I just got engaged and a girlfriend of mine assumed she's a bridesmaid. She so so excited and I don't know how to break it to her, or hurt her in the process. Ahhh!

Re: BM assumption

• Just explain to her that you have not chosen your bridal party yet, and you are going to wait until closer to the wedding to choose.
    Don't let anyone push their way into the wedding party.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bm-assumption?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:64440024-8504-431a-ba5f-3f979f3de49aPost:a9ddc13e-9b42-48e5-b716-4430c218748c">Re: BM assumption</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just explain to her that you have not chosen your bridal party yet, and you are going to wait until closer to the wedding to choose. Don't let anyone push their way into the wedding party.
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]
    exactly this.
    Praying for a miracle!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bm-assumption?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:64440024-8504-431a-ba5f-3f979f3de49aPost:933209d2-a568-4112-9139-0a3257a217a9">Re: BM assumption</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think this happens to everyone.  When I told my mom I was engaged, she advised me, do not promise anyone anything.  Just say you are so excited you havent planned yet.
    Posted by NYUgirl100[/QUOTE]

<div>THIS.  Your mom is a brilliant woman.  Best response ever.</div>
  • I had this happen to me too. I just told her that I dont plan on asking anyone for a while yet. It worked out ok. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This has been happening to me so much since I got engaged. Friends and relatives have been dropping hints all over the place that they want to be in the wedding somehow (some of them aren't even invited to the wedding itself, so THAT'S awkward). My fiance and I keep smiling and saying we haven't finalized our plans. This seems to appease people and as it gets closer to the wedding we're going to simply notify those who will be in the wedding. Try not to stress too much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards